Task Killer bad?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus S 4G and installed quite a bit. A few people now have told me to install the Advanced Task Killer. I heard it was bad for the phone though. Can anyone give me solid information on what to do and how to use it if I do need it? I'm a battery saver so anything can help. (I also have juicedefender) But main question is about the Task Killer.

Thanks,
-Allen

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Task Killer bad???

In general yes task killers are bad. One of the main problems is you end up killing on services that are needed o you waste battery by killing them and they pop right back open in the background.
If you choose to go that way then watch very carefully what your killing.Just a example,but say you see gtalk open and you kill it then next thing you know it's open again,that's cause it's a service that is needed and always runs in the background so you just wasted more battery killing the app and make it open itself back up.
I would say if you don't have root already think about doing that then get you a app called autokiller this will change the lowmemorykiller levels the higher the levels the quicker your phone closes processes it doesn't need.This will give you a lot more ram and usually give way better performance.I personally would never ever use a task killer they are a big waste of battery if you don't know what apps do and don't need to be running at all times. If you choose to use it then i would really do my homework on what is okay to kill off and what is not okay to kill off.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

In general yes task killers are bad. One of the main problems is you end up killing on services that are needed o you waste battery by killing them and they pop right back open in the background.
If you choose to go that way then watch very carefully what your killing.Just a example,but say you see gtalk open and you kill it then next thing you know it's open again,that's cause it's a service that is needed and always runs in the background so you just wasted more battery killing the app and make it open itself back up.
I would say if you don't have root already think about doing that then get you a app called autokiller this will change the lowmemorykiller levels the higher the levels the quicker your phone closes processes it doesn't need.This will give you a lot more ram and usually give way better performance.I personally would never ever use a task killer they are a big waste of battery if you don't know what apps do and don't need to be running at all times. If you choose to use it then i would really do my homework on what is okay to kill off and what is not okay to kill off.

Yeah, I was thinkng of rooting but 1. I don't know how or where to start. and 2. I want to make sure I always get the latest Google Android Updates possible

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I was thinkng of rooting but 1. I don't know how or where to start. and 2. I want to make sure I always get the latest Google Android Updates possible

its really easy to root and flash a new rom, which is like a new software for your phone.
procedure:

1: follow this: How to Root Sprint Nexus S on Gingerbread 2.3.5 update | Android Advices
2: go to the app market, look for ROM manager, free edition will do.
3: go into the root, roms, and hacks section of NSG4 in this forum and look for a ROM you want, my favorites are Oxygen 2.2.2 and Deck 1.3d.
4: Download your ROM and put it on your phone, not in any folder, just simply on your phone.
5: on ROM manager go to Install from SDCARD, and scroll for the ROM you want. wipe cache and dalvik cache ( this will reset your phone) and make a backup, backups are cool so you can always restore it and youll be back where you are and you can make plenty of different backups too
6: your new rom will flash and youll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC