1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default browser pop-up

No matter how many times I tell my NS4G that I want Opera as my default browser, it won't "stick" and keeps asking me which browser I want when I click the link. Is this a bug or is there some setting I missed?

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Default browser pop-up

I've noticed the same thing on virtually every file/application association: browser, market link, images, documents, PDFs, et cetera. As this is my first Android phone I'm not certain if this is just something broken in Android as a whole, or just with the NS4G.

Since it's happening to you, too, then I can finally rule out being personally cursed. :-)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah...guess this happens to me with image files too, asking if I want Gallery or Quickpic...then there's Camera vs. Vignette.

Come to think of it, this seems to be a systemic issue. Associations are apparently getting dropped all over the place.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

If your phone is rooted, you could remove the stock browser. But remember that you should make a backup of it first.
    - Grant Heppes www.GrantHeppes.com www.about.me/GrantHeppes
    Thank me if I helped you please. Google+ Me http://www.gplus.to/GrantHeppes
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by grantheppes View Post
    If your phone is rooted, you could remove the stock browser. But remember that you should make a backup of it first.
    I'm not and I'm pretty sure I won't root at this point.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Search the android market for an application that allows you to change the default settings on your phone. I recommend 'default app manager' because i use it on my nexus and works well with the stock android settings that can change defaults.
    Thanked by:
    mkhall 

I have the epic 4g and it has gingerbread and it is doing the same when trying to select Dolphin HD. It never logs dolphin as the default browser. I have asked dolphin support and they give me the path that should assign it, but it never remembers what I assigned.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't know if this still is a bug in ICS because I just use the stock browser and didn't even bother installing any others. Has anyone had this problem since the update came through?