From Incredible 2 to Nexus S

Geekarella

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So 2 days ago Verizon decided to let me out of my contract because of poor signal issues and I decided to go with Sprint and the Nexus S. So far I'm liking it but it's been hard giving up Sense cold turkey. 4G is spotty around here but not dropping calls every 2 minutes is great! I'm just a little unclear on the storage thing. They told me I have 16gb of internal storage but when I install apps it shows 1gb. Is the usb storage the internal? Can I move apps to that like you can with the microSD?

Signed,
Senseless in South Carolina

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
You can move the apps to the usb storage. The phone splits up the storage as 1 gb internal and 13 gb "external" via the usb storage. To move apps go into settings and choose applications, then select usb storage and the applications that can be transferred over will appear. Select the application and it should open up the settings for that application. Chose the move to usb option and vola its moved. Be warned if its a widget application it won't show in your widgets category and render the widget useless.

Reactions: Geekarella

Geekarella

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy a more expensive phone because I had to activate 4 phones and I tried to keep it simple. However my Nexus just force closed on every app running on my phone and I had to do a battery pull because it completely crashed. No picture on the screen but the haptic feedback was working. I don't think I've done so many battery pulls since my Blackberry days! Is this normal for this phone?

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't buy a more expensive phone because I had to activate 4 phones and I tried to keep it simple. However my Nexus just force closed on every app running on my phone and I had to do a battery pull because it completely crashed. No picture on the screen but the haptic feedback was working. I don't think I've done so many battery pulls since my Blackberry days! Is this normal for this phone?

No, try doing a factory restore and starting fresh again.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What parts of Sense do you miss? There are ways to get back some of those options/functions with similar apps/widgets.

Geekarella

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What parts of Sense do you miss? There are ways to get back some of those options/functions with similar apps/widgets.

Mostly just the look of it. I don't like the grey box at the bottom of the screen. How would you change that? I did get Beautiful Widgets and that is a better weather widget but not as nice as the sense one. Also is there an app like "People"? I liked having my favorites on one of my home screens so i could just flip over and have access to the ones I call the most.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Mostly just the look of it. I don't like the grey box at the bottom of the screen. How would you change that? I did get Beautiful Widgets and that is a better weather widget but not as nice as the sense one. Also is there an app like "People"? I liked having my favorites on one of my home screens so i could just flip over and have access to the ones I call the most.
try Android pro widgets, they have
several widgets including twitter and a people widget

Reactions: Geekarella

Geekarella

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help! I took mine back due to all the force closes and random reboots. They didn't have anymore so I wimped out and went with an EVO. However I still have 2 of the Nexus S phones still on the plan so now I know how to pretty them up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21