Software update GWK74 - Google Wallet

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Updates do not come in apk form. they are not apps.

Rather they come in .zip for to load manually via recovery. If youre not rooted your best bet is to just sit tight and wait for it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry. How did THIS thread get posted on the homepage. I guess we're going with this title now instead of the original 2.3.6 post?

The only thing keeping me at bay here and not rushing back to stock is Visa is not supported as of yet. But good news to see they jumped on board like I figured they will. The prepaid card would have been nice 2 days ago when I left my wallet at home and needed to buy lunch with 2 dollars and some lint. Nice emergency 20 on there. CVS, 711, Mcdonalds. You get the point, lol.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
So what do you do if you ARE rooted???. . .
Yes, I'm rooted and not that savvy about these things but I'm hoping that's why you guys are here!
I'm slowly getting there. . . :eek:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So what do you do if you ARE rooted???. . .
Yes, I'm rooted and not that savvy about these things but I'm hoping that's why you guys are here!
I'm slowly getting there. . . :eek:

Are you rooted and stock or rooted with a different rom? Rooted with a different rom. Wait for your rom to update? Stock. Download the OTA and probably reflash SU.

I'm probably just going to wait on CM7. Just got a nightly update that hasn't random rebooted once with 1.4ghz overlock Netarchy. So, maybe if Visa was supported out of the box I'd go back to my stock rom but I'll wait. Maybe, with luck, the apk will work on the 2.3.5 build. Maybe... lol.

Edit: I just want to point out how I think it's funny that this time Google is telling us the update is here; and, last time Sprint posted the update on their site and pulled it and this time Sprint doesn't have it on there site.

Last edited:

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
no update here either. Funny thing is .. I was rooted and had Oxygen ROM (my favorite ) installed. So in hopes of Getting Google Wallet, I went back to Stock (still leaving it unlocked though) ... As soon as I rebooted, that first update was pushed right away.. you know the one from back in July ...25th or whatever.. but the Latest update for Google Wallet isn't showing up.

I think it's strange that july's update showed up in seconds ..and Google wallet isn't pushed.. I would think it's the same server that they're coming from.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
no update here either. Funny thing is .. I was rooted and had Oxygen ROM (my favorite ) installed. So in hopes of Getting Google Wallet, I went back to Stock (still leaving it unlocked though) ... As soon as I rebooted, that first update was pushed right away.. you know the one from back in July ...25th or whatever.. but the Latest update for Google Wallet isn't showing up.

I think it's strange that july's update showed up in seconds ..and Google wallet isn't pushed.. I would think it's the same server that they're coming from.

I'm sure the "switch" is left on at this point and it will roll out immediately to whoever needs it. Which is like what 20 people. No bandwidth issue there. And it's known to work. Flip it on now to EVERY Nexus S owner and not knowing if it works. Problem when your OTA only.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
sad to say i dont think anyone is getting this update as of yet.
i always see these new storys, but then in the forums no one is getting it or has it on their phone.

what gives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670