How was your first time with Google Wallet?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from my local CVS pharmacy (in Northern Virginia near Aol's old HQ) where I tried Google Wallet.

The experience was flawless; I turned the screen on, placed phone on the the Credit Card machine where the the NFC should work, and it gave a little ding that it worked.

It was fast, easy, and secure. Although I do have the setting to leave it unlocked for 30 mins after typing in my PIN, but being a uber-phone nerd, I am not worried about my phone going out of my sight.

Was your experience just as smooth?

------------------------------------------------

Use this app to find out where you can try out Google wallet with your Nexus S 4G
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mastercard.paypass

Last edited:

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it on the drive-thru in Jack in the Box and it didn't work. It dinged and said it read it, I pressed done, but nothing happened. Tried it three times. I'll try it again on my way home and see how it goes.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it on the drive-thru in Jack in the Box and it didn't work. It dinged and said it read it, I pressed done, but nothing happened. Tried it three times. I'll try it again on my way home and see how it goes.

Google or MasterCard?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

buttchip

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Stopped at gas station, got a coke and some Andy capp fries, worked as fast as using a check card. I used googles pre paid card and the free 10 bucks, thx google

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Used it at 7-11, the look of confusion on the clerks face was great.

FYI, CitiBank MasterCard Banking Cards are not supported yet, but i was told today eventually they will.

-j-

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a hard time getting the google prepaid card to activate? It just keeps failing.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Yeah just keep trying. It took me seriously close to a dozen times.

Oh and I can confirm that the free ten dollars is tied to the device and not the google account. I tried my other google accounts and it didn't give me more money.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I tried Jack also. . . The manager came to the window and told me those machines have never worked at any of the stores! I told him they need to get them up and running and he looked confused as to why; it got worse when I tried explaining google wallet to him.

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought 2 cokes @ Circle K. I warned the cashier what I was going to do. She was stunned when the cash register crapped out the receipt.

One quick swipe & the phone vibrated, & I was done.

Very fast transaction.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Kay pof shinum wif a bardle doo.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but where do you find these machines that use Google Wallet. What do they look like? Is there some kind of logo on them? I thought this stuff was just being deployed now.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but where do you find these machines that use Google Wallet. What do they look like? Is there some kind of logo on them? I thought this stuff was just being deployed now.

Anywhere that pay pass works, Google wallet will work. Nifty right!? :D

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Anywhere that pay pass works, Google wallet will work. Nifty right!? :D
Yup, and there is a site that shows you where you can use it in your area as well as a PayPass locator app.

Literally on my way out the door so I can't dig up the links right now, but theyve been posted in the threads here about Wallet.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup, and there is a site that shows you where you can use it in your area as well as a PayPass locator app.

Literally on my way out the door so I can't dig up the links right now, but theyve been posted in the threads here about Wallet.

"Paypass Locator" app will also show you where they are.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

cbrisman

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Used it in my local rite aid. Transaction went through smoothly. As I pulled my phone back, the clerk did a double take & asked me if I just used my phone to pay. She had no clue what was going on.

NerdyNugget

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Used it in my local rite aid. Transaction went through smoothly. As I pulled my phone back, the clerk did a double take & asked me if I just used my phone to pay. She had no clue what was going on.

I used it at McDonald's and the Cashier did the same thing lol, along with the managers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2