If the iPhone came out for sprint, would you ditch the NS4G?

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well iPhone 4 announces 10-04.

And about your ipad xoom tab thing. They both suck. Windows 8 tabs are going to be awesome. The future of computers. Android tabs are gimmicks. And ipads are worse.
Member that's your opinion on the ipad, my opinion Android tablets don't come close to it. And its a great device, I barely use my Mac thnks to it. So if you never tries it before shooting it down you should trust me

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

It's not as bad as it was with 2.3.4 but it's still not good.

Hmm, I have terrible Sprint service; but, since 2.3.5 I haven't had 3g drop off like that. The girlfriends phone on 2.3.7 dropped off and stayed off. I asked her if it was doing that. She said yea and it never comes back on. I asked her if she rebooted anytime after the update and she said no, though. So I pulled the battery for like 40 seconds and back in. 3g was back and hasn't been acting up.

Just the typical low signal where she lives. If anything an extra bar outside lately, in the driveway. But inside I'm roaming. And to top it off my Airave in my house is acting funny. I call Sprint they tell me to call Optimum I call Optimum they tell me to call Sprint. Internet speeds are fine but after 5 minutes losing the other person where they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Been thinking about it though. It's not bad for the price, really. (Depending where you are)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Member that's your opinion on the ipad, my opinion Android tablets don't come close to it. And its a great device, I barely use my Mac thnks to it. So if you never tries it before shooting it down you should trust me

If I'm going to carry around another device that's "huge" and doesn't fit in my pocket it better be able to do EVERYTHING. IE: Windows 8. Maybe I have more of a demand than others who are buying these things; but, it needs to be a computer if it's not a phone. Not a phone with some "Extra" feature minus the phone.

Windows 8 will be what I want/need. So, anything else is obsolete to me.

Hopefully what Windows 8 on tabs does for the future: abolishes the netbook/laptop. Some sort of dock like the Atrix for the tab turn it into a laptop that has a larger HDD, etc. And even maybe, replace the desktop tower. Again, with some sort of dock that will have an HDD, More memory, Cpu speed, etc.

One device, that is a computer that can be used as a tab, laptop, desktop, etc. Everything. One device. Plug in and Unplug to different style docks for different uses.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
No Iphone for me and I always said I would jump.

This phone is my fave ever - form factor, buttons, screen, speed, menus, widgets - it is the first phone I have ever ran stock (yes I have tried CM7, but switched back to 2.3.7 and Matrix).

The IPhone is a great phone for those who don't like to tinker. Its set, its the way it is. It runs great and does and will do more neat stuff. But people in these forums like to tinker.

I have had Ipad, Asus Transformer (cool but expensive, unfinished toy), and went back to the Ipad2
for a lot of reasons. It is the smoothest, best performing thing on the market, in my opinion, for the way I use it. The tablets felt like a big phone.

But to use it on a daily basis would drive me crazy. I also hate ITunes, I'm tired of searching and trying to find apps, buying anything useful (lots of free useless stuff, just like Android), but not on a phone.

However, for the masses, its perfect and I have always been amazed by Apple, nobody does marketing better.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No Iphone for me and I always said I would jump.

This phone is my fave ever - form factor, buttons, screen, speed, menus, widgets - it is the first phone I have ever ran stock (yes I have tried CM7, but switched back to 2.3.7 and Matrix).

The IPhone is a great phone for those who don't like to tinker. Its set, its the way it is. It runs great and does and will do more neat stuff. But people in these forums like to tinker.

I have had Ipad, Asus Transformer (cool but expensive, unfinished toy), and went back to the Ipad2
for a lot of reasons. It is the smoothest, best performing thing on the market, in my opinion, for the way I use it. The tablets felt like a big phone.

But to use it on a daily basis would drive me crazy. I also hate ITunes, I'm tired of searching and trying to find apps, buying anything useful (lots of free useless stuff, just like Android), but not on a phone.

However, for the masses, its perfect and I have always been amazed by Apple, nobody does marketing better.

I use to say if you just want a phone, and you just want it to work, and you don't want to mess with it. Get an iPhone and leave me alone. But, that's because I had an Epic and Samsung software is messed up. As far as vanilla Android on the Nexus. It works just as flawless as an iPhone would stock.

So, apple has no place in the world, as far as I see, anymore. Unless, they drop prices to what they are worth. Then I could recommend apple products for certain persons/applications.

SoundshineDJ

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
i drank the apple juice long ago and have a house full of apple stuff. iPad, iPod touch, and a couple of Mac computers. I wound up with the Nexus because I didn't want to switch to another carrier. I'm pretty happy with it and honestly don't know if I would switch. I think in the end I would very seriously consider it though.

Thoughts?

I like you have a house full of cool Apple stuff, LOVE Apple and enjoy iOS. That said since it was exclusive to AT&T for so long and overpriced at the very begining back when I was an AT&T customer, I've always been using a different OS for my phone. Windows, BB, and Android. Hell, I had an old school Sidekick for a week:)

I had a G1 for a while. I've had an EVO since launch day that is getting stale and that I wasn't happy with for a while because of the issues with voice to text. Bought my daughter a Samsung Moment a couple of Christmas' ago. I heard the rumors of Sprint getting the iPhone back before Spring.. I waited.. I waited.. I waited some more.. Read a ton of blogs, rumors.. Waited.. Read up on iOS 5 and all the cool stuff it will do. Waited some more.. Started to save up some cash, because I knew it wasn't going to be cheap.. Waited..Then it hit me like a ton of bricks last week after paying my bill online. Nexus S4G only $29.99 online sale ($49.99 in store). Great CPU, great camera, Skype, Google Talk, no skin to slow down updates (I like Sense though btw). So I bought two Nexus S4G last week KNOWING that the iPhone was coming. I can replicate most of iOS with android to some degree and for my daughter she is just happy to get a new phone at 11 1/2 years old, a Nexus at that!! With the money I saved I will buy her an iPod touch for Christmas so we can facetime family at christmas, Skype with the rest.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I like you have a house full of cool Apple stuff, LOVE Apple and enjoy iOS. That said since it was exclusive to AT&T for so long and overpriced at the very begining back when I was an AT&T customer, I've always been using a different OS for my phone. Windows, BB, and Android. Hell, I had an old school Sidekick for a week:)

I had a G1 for a while. I've had an EVO since launch day that is getting stale and that I wasn't happy with for a while because of the issues with voice to text. Bought my daughter a Samsung Moment a couple of Christmas' ago. I heard the rumors of Sprint getting the iPhone back before Spring.. I waited.. I waited.. I waited some more.. Read a ton of blogs, rumors.. Waited.. Read up on iOS 5 and all the cool stuff it will do. Waited some more.. Started to save up some cash, because I knew it wasn't going to be cheap.. Waited..Then it hit me like a ton of bricks last week after paying my bill online. Nexus S4G only $29.99 online sale ($49.99 in store). Great CPU, great camera, Skype, Google Talk, no skin to slow down updates (I like Sense though btw). So I bought two Nexus S4G last week KNOWING that the iPhone was coming. I can replicate most of iOS with android to some degree and for my daughter she is just happy to get a new phone at 11 1/2 years old, a Nexus at that!! With the money I saved I will buy her an iPod touch for Christmas so we can facetime family at christmas, Skype with the rest.

Why don't you tell your facetime users to get something else so you don't need to get an iphod touch?

IMO I don't understand the whole get an iPhone and iPhod Touch or even GSII and GSII Player. Some people say well if you do everything you'd do on the iPod on your phone (Which most of us are doing) you'll kill the battery even faster. True, but it's cheaper to buy 12 dollar batteries (Actually Samsung ones) online than to put another device. :)

tclops

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I figured there had to be at least a couple of apple apologists in here. i agree with the post above in that now that i have a smartphone w/ (google) music, i almost never touch the ipod touch. i bought my nexus a month or so after initial launch and figured it to be a good deal. $29 for nexus vs. $299 for iphone makes it almost a no brainer in favor of the nexus. my only regret w/ android is compatibility with itunes.

as to the ipad, it's been a great device for me. i bought it last summer for school, found an app allowing for very easy highlighting/marking/text boxing of .ppt/pdf files and used the hell out of it. now i'm doing speech therapy and use it daily for both a reward as well as functional apps targeting specific goal/skills. i'm sure that there's other good options out there for tablets, and every person has different needs/wants, but for me the thing has been greatness.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. *If you would have asked me this before I had used my nexus for the last 6 month, I would have said yes. *Now, I can really notice how small the iphone screen is and how heavy it is too. *I would have to see some major design changes on the iphone 5 to consider switching. *Even then, I'm not sure because I can do a lot of things on my nexus that arent allowed on the iphone.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. *If you would have asked me this before I had used my nexus for the last 6 month, I would have said yes. *Now, I can really notice how small the iphone screen is and how heavy it is too. *I would have to see some major design changes on the iphone 5 to consider switching. *Even then, I'm not sure because I can do a lot of things on my nexus that arent allowed on the iphone.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

the new iPhone is likely to have 4 inch display like the nexus s. However, it won't be a "retina" display. Obviously just rumors.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not on your life. If I wanted to have just a stock phone, then I might consider it. But I like to play with mine way too much to go iOS.

strafholm

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Tell me I'm a criminal because I mess with the software on my phone? No thanks. I personally do not want some phone nazi over my shoulder telling me what I can or can't do with my device. I know others that only want to pick up their phone and have it work and coule care less about playing with it and some of them even think it's important to have a piece of fruit on the back of it (which appears to have had a bite taken out of it and then been left for something better). Oh, and I also prefer to be able to remove my battery thank you very much.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yay. IPhone 4s. You need an entirely new phone from the one you had for voice recognition. Superb. How do people buy this stuff?

What kills me is the pricing: $200 on contract for the CHEAPEST model (16 GB)...but $400 ON CONTRACT for the 64 GB model! What is that puppy at full price...seven or eight hundred bucks? How do folks so readily shell out that sort of money? I don't feel like a cheapskate until we start talking about Apple and how everyone and their brother apparently sees nothing wrong with spending almost a grand for a tablet or phone every year or two. Is it really so easy for everyone? Especially in this lousy economy...?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the Samsung Epic 4g section to some of the comments being made about the Fruit phone... I will share it here too...
Paul627g said:
Looks like a nice phone for the Fruit fans but still no 4g support? No removable storage/sdcard?

I think Fruit did a basic job of pleasing its current fan fare but I don't see anything there that would want to make an Android fan want to jump ship....

The comment about it selling a "billion" phones.... I don't think so.... I think Android is going forward and not even bothering to take names of the dead left in its path....

Bring on the new Nexus baby.... Now that is gonna turn some heads and make you forget about that Fruit phone
tongue.gif

Go right ahead and defect to the Fruit world.... You will be back...