can't turn on nfc, stays gray

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
You should get a message to turn it on when you open Google Wallet. If not, I am not sure. Are you rooted? Can you reflash the update possibly?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
62f91e95-681a-08aa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That's weird that your on the latest version and your not able to turn it on.... The only issue I've seen with this is if you flash back to 2.3.5 from 2.3.7; then, it won't turn on. Simply flashing back to 2.3.7 would fix this issue. You got the OTA or the did it manually?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Remember how people were having the same problem with..........wifi i think it was?......where they had it selected before they did a manual upgrade and then it was greyed out. You had to revert back, unselect it, then do the manual upgrade again.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Remember how people were having the same problem with..........wifi i think it was?......where they had it selected before they did a manual upgrade and then it was greyed out. You had to revert back, unselect it, then do the manual upgrade again.

Never read about that. That blows. How do you revert back if your not rooted? lol

Are you rooted?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am. I saw the wifi thing when 90 was leaking out and it happened to me in fact when i did the upgrade.

it doesnt sound like the original poster is rooted but i thought id throw it out there.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am. I saw the wifi thing when 90 was leaking out and it happened to me in fact when i did the upgrade.

it doesnt sound like the original poster is rooted but i thought id throw it out there.

Sorry, I knew you were rooted. My question was directed towards him, lol. My apologies.

IMO: This is a reason why I never manual update when I'm not rooted. Funky things are bound to happen at least once.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i didnt know if you meant me or him but i figured you meant him but i answered on behalf of myself anyway.

=D

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I still have the same problem (original poster). Never rooted, I believe I had the update pushed (I did not do manually). My wife's Nexus S accepted the check mark fine and went on to explain how to use Google Wallet with Citicard etc.

Mine: I click on Wallet icon, it says it NFC needs to be "needs to be turned on ... update settings" (same prompt as shown in Post#3. I click "settings" and it takes me there ... when I click on NFC (it is white and empty box) it immediately turns grey. After a minute or so it just reverts to white and never gets a check mark.

I will try calling Sprint - did not want to do that right away, figuring 1) they would be no help 2) not enough time for them to learn of fix 3) hoping to get lucky and a fix would be pushed out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I may will have had it checked when the update rolled out, but I am not rooted. I installed some NFC aps, hoping to get some use of it. I never did and uninstalled them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000