Speech software

nashr1928#AC

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the standard speech that came with the phone and wondered if there is an app that sounds and works better. Its very hard to understand using navigation.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the standard speech that came with the phone and wondered if there is an app that sounds and works better. Its very hard to understand using navigation.

AFAIK, for free there's nothing better. But you'll find if you use Google Navigation for about 2 weeks or so, you'll start to understand the "accent." When I first used it, I had trouble figuring out what the hell "she" was saying, but now I understand everything navigation says. (This is the same for learning new languages, dialects, accents. Over time your ear learns to pick up sounds/nuances that were previously "invisible").

nashr1928#AC

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree about learning curves, but I have had this for 2 months. Its a guys voice and it mispronounces. Like my spelling. I tried to find AFAIK on the market and the web with no luck.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Try SVOX. It's in the market. Download the main program, then choose a voice from the library. There are several voices to choose from.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think Vlingo Virtual Assistant works much better than Google voice, but that's just me.

tap'n

It has more features and safe reader which is a plus; but, as far as my experience goes: Google's voice works better as far as recognition goes. I have hundreds of voice recordings saved so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney