My sync icon wont go away. Is this normal?

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the sync icon for 4 days now. I search through the forums and seen similar situations but with other phones. I unchecked auto sync on all my apps, I then turned it off and turned it back on and it went away but then came back up a min later. Is this normal for it to be syncing for days like this? Im new to Android...

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: My sync icon wont go away. Is this normal???

Thats exactly what I did as I stated in my 1st comment.. And its still there, its not really a major issue to me its just a icon and as far as Ive seen it hasnt affected my battery life. Again Im just new to Android and was wondering

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

i didnt know if you meant you turned off sync or turned off the phone or tried both or what. regardless, its not normal for it to be going to for four days straight. unless you have a million contacts and you just recently set everything up for the first time.

Reactions: jezer29

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Oh ok so it not normal :( Damn i guess I have some more research to do. Ima have to kinda back track then, cus from what I remember I fooled around with the sync options when I downloaded Friends caster (I believe thats what its called) to be able to sync my FBF's profile photos with my contacts. Then the next day I noticed it never went away =/

cjstealth

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

My sync icon has been on all day today. Rebooted three times. There are no app updates and the OS is up-to-date. I was just wondering too what was going on.

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Check out the accounts/sync settings. My wife was having issues with constant syncing. We determined the Wallet app and its recent update were the culprit. She turned off Wallet syncing and all was fine.

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Check out the accounts/sync settings. My wife was having issues with constant syncing. We determined the Wallet app and its recent update were the culprit. She turned off Wallet syncing and all was fine.

That's the thing I don't have google wallet our haven't even set out up. I read where that was the cause of the problem too but still have it. I went to the options you recommended took off the auto sync and background data and its still there. Idk I might take it to the Sprint store to see what they say

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

That's the thing I don't have google wallet our haven't even set out up. I read where that was the cause of the problem too but still have it. I went to the options you recommended took off the auto sync and background data and its still there. Idk I might take it to the Sprint store to see what they say

If you tap on each account that you have set up, you should be able to see exactly which account and which item it's trying to sync. Re-enable auto sync and background data, and uncheck the item that's trying to sync, then reboot, then check that item again and see if it goes through

dbo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I have the same problem.. Its Google wallet that's running - it shows sync as the main process that's running. Problem is I don't wallet set up to sync or set up at all and its not listed on under the sync accounts. its using 79% of my battery currently and sync icon has been present for 2 days.. Looks like an app update issue...

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I installed Verizon's FiOS thing yesterday and got the constant syncing bug. Went away when I reinstalled the app.

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well guys after almost a wk with it on it finally gone (hopefully) I removed google wallet from my phone last night, woke up this morning and three icon is gone. Will update if it comes back fort some reason

cjstealth

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon FiOS app was the culprit for me. For some reason, it adds itself to the "Accounts & Sync" menu, even though there is nothing to sync (when you click on the Verizon FiOS account, there are not boxes to check/uncheck to sync).

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem.. it was Google Wallet even if sync was turned off. Uninstalled the latest update for it and the problem was resolved.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you setup Google Wallet, the syncing icon will go away. That's what I did with my Nexus S 4G. I signed up for the "Pre-Paid card" and I got a instant $10 balance!

Simsi Moy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem bout the sync icon. everytime i open my wifi there's a sync icon near the wifi. I already deactivate my autosync. What to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007