Nexus S will get ICS just a couple of weeks after Galaxy Nexus!!

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus S will get ICS just a couple of weeks after Galaxy Nexu

But how long will it be in Sprint's hands before they release it to us?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

But how long will it be in Sprint's hands before they release it to us?

I could be wrong, but I read Rubin's statement as saying the updates will actually start rolling out to devices 2 weeks later. I based that on the line of questioning:

when will it get to devices that are already out?...Andy has put that schedule at ?a couple of weeks after? the Galaxy Nexus arrives on the market

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

Didn't they say this about the Nexus One....?

I still don't see it getting on the Nexus S until like January or February....they have to push sales.....

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Didn't they say this about the Nexus One....?

I still don't see it getting on the Nexus S until like January or February....they have to push sales.....

Jrd,

I kind of agree with you. I know Google and Sprint are partners now but with the sale if the IPHONE on the sprint network i just don't see this update coming in a few weeks after the release of the nexus phone. Sprint has pretty much sold its soul on the IPHONE and i would not be surprised if apple told them to not push this until a few months after the announcement. Lets be honest I'm sure apple knows it competition and i would be shocked if this was release to us in November.

E

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

Probably one of the biggest reasons I picked up an HTC Arrive (along with lack of hardware acceleration). Sprint doesn't even like Windows Phone, but Mango didn't take 4 months to get to my phone.....

I don't think I could ever see myself going back to Android (still carry my Nexus S 4G in case things turn around one day tho) because of all the fragmentation that's is going on with that platform; its a mess that actually works for these companies because Android has become the new "hip" like the iPhone was/is (I know people who would call their Galaxy S II devices "Droid" STILL because of that marketing campaign launched on Verizon like two years ago it seems....

As long as the end consumers are willing to throw up the cash...why bother giving them something we can make them pay for with a new phone with a FEW spec bumps...sad...i guarantee my Arrive could run circles around the Galaxy Nexus when it comes to scrolling with no lag, animations, etc...; the only advantage it would have to make my phone look worse or "slower" is a nicer larger screen that detracts from actual usage and speed...

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Probably one of the biggest reasons I picked up an HTC Arrive (along with lack of hardware acceleration). Sprint doesn't even like Windows Phone, but Mango didn't take 4 months to get to my phone.....

If Sprint was all about the iPhone, SPRINT Nexus S 4G users wouldn't be the only ones with Google Wallet.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing will be in Sprint's hands.

Wtf?

If Rubin said a couple weeks it'll be a couple weeks. For you non rooted folks at least.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

I think it will come out the same day source is released for it.

My prediction is mid November.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Sprint doesn't touch Google Phones. They would just have to collaborate the radios; and, since they've had the S for months now I could see this being forecasted. When Google says it's coming it's coming. Not going to Sprint.

Reactions: skidmark

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Sprint doesn't touch Google Phones. They would just have to collaborate the radios; and, since they've had the S for months now I could see this being forecasted. When Google says it's coming it's coming. Not going to Sprint.

My bad, you are correct. I was thinking about how we lost the ability to tether when we received a recent update, but like you said they do collaborate the radios.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

My bad, you are correct. I was thinking about how we lost the ability to tether when we received a recent update, but like you said they do collaborate the radios.

The whole loss of tether, I'm sure, was just a Sprint telling Google they need to do something about it and stop it from happening without payment. I don't think Sprint actually ever touches the software.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

One of the huge points of having a nexus phone is that updates don't have to go through the carrier.

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site

(i guarantee my Arrive could run circles around the Galaxy Nexus when it comes to scrolling with no lag, animations, etc...; the only advantage it would have to make my phone look worse or "slower" is a nicer larger screen that detracts from actual usage and speed)

Wow Just wow, anyways I am willing to bet we will get ICS faster than the nexus one got GB.

dyinman

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

i guarantee my Arrive could run circles around the Galaxy Nexus when it comes to scrolling with no lag, animations, etc...; the only advantage it would have to make my phone look worse or "slower" is a nicer larger screen that detracts from actual usage and speed...

Ummmm.... sure. You know what has even less lag though? A rock.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
(i guarantee my Arrive could run circles around the Galaxy Nexus when it comes to scrolling with no lag, animations, etc...; the only advantage it would have to make my phone look worse or "slower" is a nicer larger screen that detracts from actual usage and speed)

Wow Just wow, anyways I am willing to bet we will get ICS faster than the nexus one got GB.

U sir, are delirious. I have an Arrive, a NS4G and a 4s.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Root root root and you'll get ICS the first day it gets open sourced. :)

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

I'm actually going to unroot for ICS. No, I'm gonna stay rooted, lol. But I'm not gonna run any custom roms or kernels. Not going to need it. :) (Then again, imagine what the roms are going to be like for ICS. Please stop me.)

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually going to unroot for ICS. No, I'm gonna stay rooted, lol. But I'm not gonna run any custom roms or kernels. Not going to need it. :) (Then again, imagine what the roms are going to be like for ICS. Please stop me.)

Dood, I feel yah. I've been running stock and loving it. Pure android will only be better with ICS.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy