Reboots?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a brand new stock nexus s she's only had since September 23rd. In the past 5 days her phone has rebooted on its own twice while she was using it. Now the first time she says she's 100% sure she had power and when she powered phone on it said she had none and needed to plug in charger. I was next to her at the time and saw the reboot but don't know her power level before reboot but I saw the low battery message after. The second time her phone rebooted it lost power but didn't say low battery. I have a rooted EVO 4G and know HTC SENSE reboots are common for some (not me) and I know system reboots are common. My question are as follows: are reboots common for nexus s? If not I would imagine I need to use warranty with sprint since phone is 1 month old right? I have TEP on her line but I shouldn't have too pay. I only ask b/c Im the android lover, but my wife loves her device and felt it was enough of a issue to mention to me which knowing her means its a real issue

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reboots???

The exact same issue has been happening to me as of lately. The phone is only 2 months old. The battery has been well-juiced each time this has happened. I think the culprit may be the app(s) I've installed recently, but I will begin detailed troubleshooting soon. Does your wife's Nexus S have 2.3.7 on it? Hopefully it isn't some random glitch with that.

Vinnypel2ella

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reboots???

that has happened to me as well, that phone will be in the green, reboot and when it turns back on its it has the battery with the red x. Also one time i fully charged my phone, turned it off, and in the morning the battery was almost dead????

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The exact same issue has been happening to me as of lately. The phone is only 2 months old. The battery has been well-juiced each time this has happened. I think the culprit may be the app(s) I've installed recently, but I will begin detailed troubleshooting soon. Does your wife's Nexus S have 2.3.7 on it? Hopefully it isn't some random glitch with that.

The phone came with 2.3.4 and I saw you guys talking about 2.3.7 and I got on sprint about sending her a phone with old software. The next day she got the 2.3.5 update and 2.3.7 and like 2 mins later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781