Nexus S 4G: Where the heck is the enter button?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so im newish to android phones, the nexus s 4g is my first android phone, but ive had a next 3 tablet before.
so ive noticed that the keyboard on here DOESNT HAVE A ENTER/RETURN BUTTON!

Ive searched on each keyboard page, looked on google, prayed to jesus, but it seems to not have one. when i look online, it seems that everybody just doesnt notice this problem.

can you guys help me on this?
i really need this because im tired of making weird looking paragraphs when im texting my friends:'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where the heck is the enter button!?!?

The stock keyboard has an enter button. I'm guessing you're using a different keyboard in which then you would need to hit the ALT, ?123 or shift key to show the enter button.

What keyboard are you using?

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

don't know what keyboard your using but I have 3 different kinds and on all them the enter key is a arrow that like comes down a bit the points to the left

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

The only one that I know of that doesnt have it is Better Keyboard. It shows a smiley key instead of an enter button. If you hit ALT or the numberkeys (I forget which one) it then changes to an Enter key.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yep I have to chuckle a little bit.. We have an enter/return key on stock Android KB, Swype, etc.....

First picture is Swype and second is stock Android KB.

Enter key is one the right side bottom corner. Its the downward right angled actually left angle arrow looking key...

Don't take any of this sarcastically...

screenshot-1319471958148.png

screenshot-1319471984230.png

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where the heck is the enter button?

OMG! are you guys serious? I'm the only only one? I'm only using stock keyboard :( when I'm sending a text message, all I have are shift, 123/ABC, backspace and Smiley. But no enter button :( I had to download HTC ime hi22 in order to get a keyboard with enter/return, but I'd rather use stock instead because it looks keeled and I feel like I'm molesting my nexus s 4g D: can anyone help me?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

you really dont have that arrow button that is in the same row as the space bar?

skinnhc

May 11, 2010
Visit site
When using the stock SMS program the Enter button is replaced by the Smiley button...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

What messaging app are you using? Also are you rooted or stock?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Not when texting unfortunately, its oddly showing up when in the browser but that's it. I'm sad guys, help please? :(

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the stock messaging app with the stock keyboard, and I'm rooted (wifi tether for freeeeeeeeeee!)

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when texting it changes to Smileys. When on web or posting on forum it changes to return. Try go keyboard and download gingerbread theme. That is only recommendation I have.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Why would they do that? That's kinda stupid in my opinion >=( is there anyway I can fix this or something? I write my own Smileys anyway =|

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is strange. I guess because they assumed for texing that Smileys are used more than enter. I do use them but I can see where its an inconvenience for some. Not on stock, I tried. Other keyboards have option though. Try go keyboard and see if you like it since it's free. It looks like stock with the gingerbread theme its not bad actually. The other keyboards are paid like swifykey which I love.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well if there's no other option then ill stuck with Htc ime hi22 that I downloaded earlier today, not as many option as stock but it'll get the job done :| will ics have a enter button?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Actually Its the HTC IME gives the return button while texting and online, its ok so far, still feel like I'm molesting my phone though :-(

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the Slide It keyboard, so much easier than typing, and I just press send instead of enter. The lack of a enter button was never an issue for me, hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC