• 1 Post By skinneejay
  • 1 Post By mkhall
  • 1 Post By skinneejay
  • 1 Post By vansmack
  • 1 Post By mmaldin
  • 1 Post By Jessicalt1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with text messaging

Has anybody been getting duplicate text messages lately? I received a text from a friend on Verizon at 11:00AM and the same message continued to come through another 20 times at maybe 45 minute intervals. I called Sprint and we were on the phone for about an hour. We tried soft reset and then did the hard reset. After the soft reset my phone could not receive or send a text message to anyone. Then the next day I received a whole bunch of test text messages from Sprint. The rep had been trying to send me a text the whole time we were on the phone. They finally came to the realization that I needed a new phone so I am awaiting it today. Today the phone is acting normally and will send and receive as it did before. Do you guys think I should keep the new (refurb) phone and send my original one back or keep my original phone and hope that it doesn't go back to its wicked ways?????

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Keep the original. Sounds more like a network problem then a phone problem. If it was the phone all nexus's would have this problem. Where are you located?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    chud likes this.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Problems with text messaging

I've had this happen more than once myself, most recently on Friday. It's a network problem, sometimes exacerbated by the SMS app you use (Anecdotally, GoSMS seems to run into more often.). It isn't even Android specific, as it used to happen to me with my Palm Pre, too. Wait out the annoyance and it will go away within 12 hours.
    chud likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Still having this problem. They have reset my Airave and I have a new refurb phone but it still persists. I cannot send out a text message and can only get messages from gmail texting. I did not have this problem when I had the Pre so it must be this phone. My husband has the Epic so I don't think it's a Samsung problem. I am using the texting app that came with the phone. Do you think if I changed to a 3rd party texting app that it might help??????? It's been way over 12 hours so I am not sure it will go away anytime soon. Very frustrating....

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

I'm sorry you are having problems. I still don't think it's the phone. I think it a network problem. Have you deleted old messages?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    chud likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes, I have deleted all the threads and even after that I still get repeat messages that were sent hours before. I just don't understand why I am having this problem after trouble free texting for 5 months with this phone and 2 years with the Pre. When I called Sprint last night the tech said that she had gotten other people calling about this problem and that is supposedly coming from the Airave. I have had my current one for about 4 months and it has not given me any problems until now. The old one not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    When I called Sprint last night the tech said that she had gotten other people calling about this problem and that is supposedly coming from the Airave.
    "Do you have an airave?" has become the first question I ask anybody who inquires about sprint help the last few weeks.

As they upgrade their network, it seems their control environment for Airave's has been an oversight.

Good luck.
    chud likes this.

It's not the phone.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Its the airave. Had similar issues.
    chud likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I am finding that I can text on Google Talk quite well. I know I won't be able to text to everyone, the phones in my family are all android run so they have Google Talk already installed on them. The new refurb is a nice phone with Gingerbread already installed and it has a Mobile Hot Spot that is working. I am wondering if the phone was rooted before I got it. I will have my son who has already rooted his phone check to see if it is a root from the market or if it's left over from a Sprint Hotspot pay plan. Does anyone know how I can tell if my phone is rooted already and what kind of a hotspot I have on it????

there is a small app called root check. grab it up and check

Gingerbread already installed?

LUCKY!!!!
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

My husband has the EVO and has been having those same issues. I don't think it's your phone at all.
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!
    chud likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It's not the phone it's the Airave. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Sprint and they also had me call my ISP provider to see if my internet was up to par. It was so that wasn't the problem. They are sending me a new Airave to see if that helps. If I turn the Airave off completely I can send messages just fine. As soon as it initiates the mobile part it won't let me send but I can receive. Some of the messages continue to be received as well numerous times. Never had the problem with the old Airave and my Pre. I just hope it helps.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Please post when you get your new airave to let us know if it solves your problems. I have the same issue and have disconnected it. Phone service is not so good now but texting is fine.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

It's nice to know that I am not alone with this problem. I can't understand why I had 2 years of trouble free texting, nothing changed here except that I got a new Airave about 4 months ago and boom I can't use my phone to its full capability. I have read in the Sprint forums that lots of people are experiencing some of the problems I am and it's been going on since the new Airaves were given out. I guess the old saying is true, "If it aint broke don't fix it." My old Airave was doing great but I thought the new one would be better. That should teach me.....

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

The old airave was not 3g, so it was a worthwhile upgrade for the faster data. Too bad Sprint isn't supporting it properly.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Most of the people who have been reading complaining about their phones have android. Do you think it could be something in the Operating System itself???? I did not have this problem when I had my Palm Pre.

We had the double text thing about this time last year. Was something to do with Airave which seemed to go unstable for a day been fine ever since. Affected my wife's Pre as well.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Received my replacement Airave and so far I have been able to send texts. When it was first hooked up I could not but a quick call to tech support and a refresh from their end and I seem to be able to again. I cross my fingers that this was some of the problem that I was experiencing. I guess I will report back in a week or so to tell everyone if it held.....