HTC Evo Design 4g or stick with NS4G?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So today I was at sprint waiting for my mom's replacement HTC touch pro 2 (facepalm) and I noticed that sprint had a brand spanking new evo out for display! I didn't even know they were making another evo

Its called the HTC evo design 4g, small dimensioTns, screen is pretty much the same size as the NS4G, HTCsense 3, 5meg back camera, 1.3 meg front cam, 2.3.4 firmware, 8 gig mem, full aluminum casing

I'm wondering if I should switch phones since I still have 7 days lef!t on my return policy
Do you think its gunna get ice anytime soon? If so it would look of the chain on the evo design :D

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a nice phone despite no nfc (which isn't even really all that useful right now)) and if I hadn't got the evo a few weeks ago id consider getting it but that's just me and the fact that I actually use some of sprints apps

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the attraction to it over the Nexus. Maybe if it had a full keyboard or something but you'd be adding bloat and losing features like NFC and Google support.

Some people just love that HTC name though so whatever works for you go for it.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yah, when I was playing with it in the store, I did see ALOT of bloat ware. But it does shoot in 720p and the front facing camera was alot crisper than the ns4g, I would compare it to the iPhone 4s front facing camera, which would be great if HTC does decide to get ics :)
Since I don't have a Citibank card, and not alot of people even know what NFC even means, Google wallet is just taking up space on My phone right now
its running 2.3.4, so gingerbreak would (theoretically) work right?

I don't know yet, but I'm really considering trading, but tell me your professional opinion since I'm still a newb to android :)

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Camera's I dont know a lot about so that would be up to your personal choice. The NFC part is new and upcomming and will be everywhere soon. You do not need a citi account, you can just use the google prepaid card and feed that when necessary until te hother cards get onboard. Google gives you $10.00 a ssoon as you activate the program which is nice. It's all a personal opinion regarding any new phones now. What is good for me may not be good for you etc.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a nice phone despite no nfc (which isn't even really all that useful right now)) and if I hadn't got the evo a few weeks ago id consider getting it but that's just me and the fact that I actually use some of sprints apps

I do like the design - the aluminum unibody design is cool.. NFC is neither here nor there, depends if you're gonna really use it that much. Any of the Sprint apps can be installed on the Nexus if you have the apk

Yah, when I was playing with it in the store, I did see ALOT of bloat ware. But it does shoot in 720p and the front facing camera was alot crisper than the ns4g, I would compare it to the iPhone 4s front facing camera, which would be great if HTC does decide to get ics :)
Since I don't have a Citibank card, and not alot of people even know what NFC even means, Google wallet is just taking up space on My phone right now
its running 2.3.4, so gingerbreak would (theoretically) work right?

I don't know yet, but I'm really considering trading, but tell me your professional opinion since I'm still a newb to android :)

Keep in mind, the NS4Gwill be the first phone to get ICS after the GNexus, and ICS is gonna make the camera even better on the NS4G. On the Nexus phones, you don't need a special root method. The bootloader is unlockable by design, and then you just flash superuser, busybox, and a custom recovery and you're good to go.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I see, well everyone seems to favor the NS4G, so ill be sticking with it
In regards to camera, will the front facing camera be better? I see that GN has a 1.3 VGA meg cam, and sprint lists the NS4G as only VGA, will ics give it some kind of upgrade perhaps? =o

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I see, well everyone seems to favor the NS4G, so ill be sticking with it
In regards to camera, will the front facing camera be better? I see that GN has a 1.3 VGA meg cam, and sprint lists the NS4G as only VGA, will ics give it some kind of upgrade perhaps? =o

It can't upgrade the MP, but it can make it better quality

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar