1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Sense 3.6 ICS 4.0.3

Default HTC Evo Design 4g or stick with NS4G?

So today I was at sprint waiting for my mom's replacement HTC touch pro 2 (facepalm) and I noticed that sprint had a brand spanking new evo out for display! I didn't even know they were making another evo

Its called the HTC evo design 4g, small dimensioTns, screen is pretty much the same size as the NS4G, HTCsense 3, 5meg back camera, 1.3 meg front cam, 2.3.4 firmware, 8 gig mem, full aluminum casing

I'm wondering if I should switch phones since I still have 7 days lef!t on my return policy
    Do you think its gunna get ice anytime soon? If so it would look of the chain on the evo design

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC Evo Design 4g or stick with NS4G?

Nice but no NFC. Think twice about that.
    Palm Pre to Nexus S 4G to HTC EVO 4G LTE

I think it's a nice phone despite no nfc (which isn't even really all that useful right now)) and if I hadn't got the evo a few weeks ago id consider getting it but that's just me and the fact that I actually use some of sprints apps

I don't see the attraction to it over the Nexus. Maybe if it had a full keyboard or something but you'd be adding bloat and losing features like NFC and Google support.

Some people just love that HTC name though so whatever works for you go for it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM

Yah, when I was playing with it in the store, I did see ALOT of bloat ware. But it does shoot in 720p and the front facing camera was alot crisper than the ns4g, I would compare it to the iPhone 4s front facing camera, which would be great if HTC does decide to get ics
    Since I don't have a Citibank card, and not alot of people even know what NFC even means, Google wallet is just taking up space on My phone right now
    its running 2.3.4, so gingerbreak would (theoretically) work right?

I don't know yet, but I'm really considering trading, but tell me your professional opinion since I'm still a newb to android

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Camera's I dont know a lot about so that would be up to your personal choice. The NFC part is new and upcomming and will be everywhere soon. You do not need a citi account, you can just use the google prepaid card and feed that when necessary until te hother cards get onboard. Google gives you $10.00 a ssoon as you activate the program which is nice. It's all a personal opinion regarding any new phones now. What is good for me may not be good for you etc.
    Palm Pre to Nexus S 4G to HTC EVO 4G LTE

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Legends11 View Post
    I think it's a nice phone despite no nfc (which isn't even really all that useful right now)) and if I hadn't got the evo a few weeks ago id consider getting it but that's just me and the fact that I actually use some of sprints apps
    I do like the design - the aluminum unibody design is cool.. NFC is neither here nor there, depends if you're gonna really use it that much. Any of the Sprint apps can be installed on the Nexus if you have the apk

Quote Originally Posted by vincentallen2 View Post
    Yah, when I was playing with it in the store, I did see ALOT of bloat ware. But it does shoot in 720p and the front facing camera was alot crisper than the ns4g, I would compare it to the iPhone 4s front facing camera, which would be great if HTC does decide to get ics
    Since I don't have a Citibank card, and not alot of people even know what NFC even means, Google wallet is just taking up space on My phone right now
    its running 2.3.4, so gingerbreak would (theoretically) work right?

I don't know yet, but I'm really considering trading, but tell me your professional opinion since I'm still a newb to android
    Keep in mind, the NS4Gwill be the first phone to get ICS after the GNexus, and ICS is gonna make the camera even better on the NS4G. On the Nexus phones, you don't need a special root method. The bootloader is unlockable by design, and then you just flash superuser, busybox, and a custom recovery and you're good to go.
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM

I see, well everyone seems to favor the NS4G, so ill be sticking with it
    In regards to camera, will the front facing camera be better? I see that GN has a 1.3 VGA meg cam, and sprint lists the NS4G as only VGA, will ics give it some kind of upgrade perhaps? =o

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by vincentallen2 View Post
    I see, well everyone seems to favor the NS4G, so ill be sticking with it
    In regards to camera, will the front facing camera be better? I see that GN has a 1.3 VGA meg cam, and sprint lists the NS4G as only VGA, will ics give it some kind of upgrade perhaps? =o
    It can't upgrade the MP, but it can make it better quality
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Doesn't the new Evo have a sim slot for world travel?

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by thewhistler View Post
    Doesn't the new Evo have a sim slot for world travel?
    Yes, it is a global phone
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+