Google Talk Not recognizing username and password

Getbusylivin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When I try to access google talk on my phone by pressing the talk bubble icon it trys to log in but tells me my username and password is not recognized, It doesn't open a window for me to change it,, I know it is suppose to pick it up from my google chat in gmail but it does not.. I can log into chat on my gmail page with the same username and password and it works fine,, I need it to work on my phone using google talk,, it has before,,

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you already have your Google account linked to the phone, or does opening Talk take you to the page that prompts you to either create an account or sign in to one?

Getbusylivin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When you try to open talk on the phone it tries to sign in then says sign in is not valid and shuts off, It doesn't give me a place to go to enter the username and password in the phone,, that is the problem,,
She can chat with me thru google mail on the phone but when she tries to use google talk on the phone it it will not sign in,,

Getbusylivin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this phone before and was useing it under my gmail account,, Sprint discontinued my service because of excessive roaming chargers so I gave the phone to my wife,, It may still be conflicting with my old gmail account,,

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this phone before and was useing it under my gmail account,, Sprint discontinued my service because of excessive roaming chargers so I gave the phone to my wife,, It may still be conflicting with my old gmail account,,

Yes it is. Talk defaults to using the first Google account that was set up on the phone, and you cannot remove that account without doing a factory reset

Debbie Gibson

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Not recognizing username and password

When I changed my google account password my phone doesn't recognize it and won't forward me to games anroid etc. keeps saying I need to sign in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith