Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By codemonkey85
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS RAM Footprint

will ics have a larger ram footprint? i wonder/worry since i only show 54mb free ram most of the time. maybe the ns4g is not the best phone to run ics on? i know memory mgmt is more effective with android, but all the restarting of apps makes it seem laggy...
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Default Re: ICS RAM Footprint

Really, I've got 206mb free.

ROM
    CM10

You can't base benchmarks off an early alpha with the incorrect kernel. I'm sure it will perform much better once we get the new NS4G from Google.
    Thanked by:
    crzycrkr likes this.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by wpbfjr View Post
    will ics have a larger ram footprint? i wonder/worry since i only show 54mb free ram most of the time. maybe the ns4g is not the best phone to run ics on? i know memory mgmt is more effective with android, but all the restarting of apps makes it seem laggy...
    if you only have 54 MB free, then either something's wrong, or you have WAY too much stuff running. How much do you have available after a fresh restart?
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

ROM
    Nexus MV/Matr1x Kernel

We can't say yet, the builds aren't off anything existing. After an official release we will really know. As it is, the builds we are getting are sweet. I can only imagine a final release

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wpbfjr View Post
    54. You clearly have Facebook and other things installed. Lol.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    54. You clearly have Facebook and other things installed. Lol.
    54. sorry child, no social apps, except tapatalk. use functional widgets recommended on this forum/site.
    also, i note an "available ram" discrepancy between widgetsoid and Android running ram use.
    maybe after ics, i will root, keep it stock, and try to prevent some apps from self starting.

wpbfjr on the road
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

I don't get how you only have 54MB available without having too many of the large applications. I have quite a few applications on my Nexus S, I just checked and currently have 126MB's free. I'm wondering if it is a combination of killing apps that are "running" all the time and maybe a rogue app or two. You should probably give us a list of the applications you run in order to further help you.

Also, PLEASE read this article that was posted in September, it may clear up some things regarding memory management in Android.

Ram: What it is, How it's used, and why you shouldn't care