Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus S 4G Unresponsive Power Button *HELP*

My Nexus S 4G's power button does not work. It acts as if its being pressed all of the time. For example when i turn off my phone it turns back on instantly as if the power button is being pressed. I have clockworkmod installed with Beezy's ICS Port and i can't even navigate clockworkmod with and unresponsive power button.

How can i fix this?

It sounds like you have a stuck po button.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus S 4G Unresponsive Power Button *HELP*

I took apart my nexus and made sure there was nothing physically wrong with the switch. It seems as if there was a short somewhere? However, i kind of have a feeling its software based because of how randomly it happened.

Carrier
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mayem007 View Post
    I took apart my nexus and made sure there was nothing physically wrong with the switch. It seems as if there was a short somewhere? However, i kind of have a feeling its software based because of how randomly it happened.
    Only 1 way to know - go back to stock and see if it still happens. You'll need to be stock anyways if it has to be replaced.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I cant flash back to stock because i need the power button to navigate clockworkmod.

Carrier
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mayem007 View Post
    I cant flash back to stock because i need the power button to navigate clockworkmod.
    le sigh. n00b. Lol jk.

You can fastboot flash everything you need through the bootloader.