Green line on left of screen

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've searched the forum, but can't find any threads on this.

I have a green line down the left of the screen, it's thin but pretty annoying. I assume the manufacturer warranty should cover this and I'll get a replacement?

It's not been dropped, no cracks, no scratches.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this before when running certain custom ROMs... Actually a theme that myself and my partner worked on had this problem... Don't know why and I don't believe its really a hardware issue, I think its just a fluke.... After a few updates or something, to our theme I forget what it was we did but it disappeared....

FYI, it happened to us only during the notification pull down screen when expanded.

ashmiller

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This may be unrelated, but I have a green dot on my screen. I am scared that it might be a stuck (or even dead) pixel. I have already used several pixel-fixing methods, to which none were successful. Any ideas on how to fix this?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any green line on my epic. Or my daughters epic.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You may want to run a pixel test. It is very common because of the sub-pixel arrangement. In the picture below, that is the arrangement of the Nexus 1 and Nexus S. You're seeing that green line. Same goes for most of the Super AMOLED displays, since they use the same Pentile Matrix display.

File:Nexus one screen microscope.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many topics about this issue were on XDA, and many confirmed they had it. When previously not knowing they did, until they looked for it. Again it's a common issue, and it's because of the sub-pixel arrangement.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You may want to run a pixel test. It is very common because of the sub-pixel arrangement. In the picture below, that is the arrangement of the Nexus 1 and Nexus S. Your seeing that green line. Same goes for most of the Super AMOLED displays, since they use the same Pentile Matrix display.

File:Nexus one screen microscope.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many topics about this issue were on XDA, and many confirmed they had it. When previously not knowing they did, until they looked for it. Again it's a common issue, and it's because of the sub-pixel arrangement.

Completed 4 different pixal test. No green lines...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

nikhil_mn

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Could you please explain which 4 test you did ? I'm having HTC Desire HD, previously I found one small green dot on screen which then grown to green vertical line. Once my phone switched off due to low battery, on restart I found it is resolved.
Now, Again I'm having same issue, this time it is not being resolved on restart. Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Carissa Dodge

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I picked my Phone up today and there was a green line down the right side of mine
Ive only had it for maybe 2 months?
I didnt drop it or anything

Is there someone i could call or something i could do to fix this...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

-Carissa

Rob66ert

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
The green line you are seeing is the digitizer....if it were pixels it would be in only one square on the screen. The layers between the lid and the digitizer will sometimes get stuck together in a spot that has been touched...once it is stuck together it forms the green lines all the way down the length of the screen
Playing some games where you have to repeatedly touch or hold the screen can add to this issue...there is no fix other than replacing the digitizer...sorry for the bad news

Spiropolopoulos

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

What tests did you try? I'm having the same problem.

Open your phone keypad and type: *# 0*#
After you have typed in the code, the service menu opens automatically. In the top row you will find three different tiles: Red, Green, Blue
Tap all three tiles (separately) and check on the display with the eye whether a pixel errors exist. A pixel error occurs as a dark spot.
I did this and it went away on it's own :)

AJARGON

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I had the dreaded thin green line on my 2 month old Galaxy S8+. There's an app in the Google Play Store called Pixel Fixer. I'm totally amazed how well it worked! After running the app for less than a minute, the green line is gone!! It was a stuck pixel, so don't give up until you try this app!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC