Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Default Green line on left of screen

I've searched the forum, but can't find any threads on this.

I have a green line down the left of the screen, it's thin but pretty annoying. I assume the manufacturer warranty should cover this and I'll get a replacement?

It's not been dropped, no cracks, no scratches.

Default Re: Green line on left of screen

I have seen this before when running certain custom ROMs... Actually a theme that myself and my partner worked on had this problem... Don't know why and I don't believe its really a hardware issue, I think its just a fluke.... After a few updates or something, to our theme I forget what it was we did but it disappeared....

FYI, it happened to us only during the notification pull down screen when expanded.

Carrier
    GPA18 (Bugless Beast)

This may be unrelated, but I have a green dot on my screen. I am scared that it might be a stuck (or even dead) pixel. I have already used several pixel-fixing methods, to which none were successful. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Global Posts
    1,447 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Changes weekly!

The green line is common to all Super Amoled displays. I have never seen a Galaxy S or Nexus S without it.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    The green line is common to all Super Amoled displays. I have never seen a Galaxy S or Nexus S without it.
    I have never had any green line on my epic. Or my daughters epic.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,447 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    I have never had any green line on my epic. Or my daughters epic.

You may want to run a pixel test. It is very common because of the sub-pixel arrangement. In the picture below, that is the arrangement of the Nexus 1 and Nexus S. You're seeing that green line. Same goes for most of the Super AMOLED displays, since they use the same Pentile Matrix display.

File:Nexus one screen microscope.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many topics about this issue were on XDA, and many confirmed they had it. When previously not knowing they did, until they looked for it. Again it's a common issue, and it's because of the sub-pixel arrangement.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    You may want to run a pixel test. It is very common because of the sub-pixel arrangement. In the picture below, that is the arrangement of the Nexus 1 and Nexus S. Your seeing that green line. Same goes for most of the Super AMOLED displays, since they use the same Pentile Matrix display.

File:Nexus one screen microscope.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many topics about this issue were on XDA, and many confirmed they had it. When previously not knowing they did, until they looked for it. Again it's a common issue, and it's because of the sub-pixel arrangement.
    Completed 4 different pixal test. No green lines...

Could you please explain which 4 test you did ? I'm having HTC Desire HD, previously I found one small green dot on screen which then grown to green vertical line. Once my phone switched off due to low battery, on restart I found it is resolved.
    Now, Again I'm having same issue, this time it is not being resolved on restart. Please advise.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Completed 4 different pixal test. No green line.

- - - Updated - - -

What tests did you try? I'm having the same problem.

I picked my Phone up today and there was a green line down the right side of mine
    Ive only had it for maybe 2 months?
    I didnt drop it or anything

Is there someone i could call or something i could do to fix this...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

-Carissa