voicemail?

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
so are we stuck with Google Voice as our only option for voicemail?
I swear I had voicemail before, but my phone froze and I had to do a factory reset, now I can't find voicemail on my phone at all.

when I call my phone it just rings, rings, rings, then says "the number you tried to call is not available"

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
looked at the above suggestions, but everything was set exactly as you all have suggested already.
I went ahead and just re-clicked / re-entered all the information, but still just a busy signal when I call my number.

any other thoughts? :confused:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I setup google voice and it works fine as an answering machine. My problem is whenever I receive a text it also goes to google voice and I have to delete my messages from 2 places and keep getting 2 notifications for each text. I was able to go into the google voice settings from my computer and disable the text but that is worse as the phone will no longer receive ANY text messages. Does anyone know of a way too stop the text messages from going to google voice but still come to my phone?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
On your computer Google Voice should have "Receive text messages on this phone" Checked and "Notify me of new voicemails via text" un-checked

On your phone
Receive text messages should be "Also via the messaging app"
Text notifications Checked (but grayed out)
Voice mail notifications Checked

Reactions: Skunkape60

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
so just an update if anyone else ever runs into the original problem on this post, all you need to do is just get in touch with sprint help and they can fix something (on their end) and problem solved.

I now have my basic voicemail back.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
On your computer Google Voice should have "Receive text messages on this phone" Checked and "Notify me of new voicemails via text" un-checked

On your phone
Receive text messages should be "Also via the messaging app"
Text notifications Checked (but grayed out)
Voice mail notifications Checked

Your settings worked great! Thanks!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech