How is application storage handled in ICS running on Nexus S?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So new in ICS is the entire internal storage is available for application storage. (finally)

My question is how is this handled on the Nexus S with the ROMS out now? Does flashing ICS reformat the internal storage somehow so it's all now available for app storage? Or are you still limited to only 1GB?

I may buy a Nexus S if I know the entire internal storage is available for any kind of data.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
??? So what's the catch? Only new phones shipping with ICS will have this feature? Honeycomb tablets have the same advantage as ICS in this regard- I was hoping simply updating the OS would do the trick- but guess not... Guess there's no point in getting any new phone till more ICS phones ship then. Sigh...

Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The current roms may not have that feature now but when the ota comes out, this will most likely be added to the custom roms. The ota will be identical to what the new nexus comes with. There should be no reason to wait. If you want the nexus now. Buy it!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So new in ICS is the entire internal storage is available for application storage. (finally)

My question is how is this handled on the Nexus S with the ROMS out now? Does flashing ICS reformat the internal storage somehow so it's all now available for app storage? Or are you still limited to only 1GB?

I may buy a Nexus S if I know the entire internal storage is available for any kind of data.

This is not a feature of ICS - it's a feature of the Galaxy Nexus specifically.

There will still be ICS phones released with dedicated ROM space, and then either internal storage and/or memory card space separately.