when are we getting ice cream?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That's a tough question now that I think about it. I would say keep an eye out to see when the Verizon Galaxy comes out (Which is probably the case); or, really soon as Google said that it would be a few weeks after the release of the Galaxy. So not sure if that's all around IE being that the Galaxy is out else where; or, if they meant when the Verizon one comes out; or, if thy mean when your country gets the Galaxy that countries S will get it weeks after. Or, Xmas. :)

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One would think that Google would push forward to release it to the NS4G considering how many times now that the Galaxy Nexus has been postponed. I do understand though with the issues they are having with the Galaxy Nexus I would wait to release it also as Google and Verizon have done due to the software and network issues it is having.

However the NS4G is still a very reliable device and since they are having those problems with the Galaxy Nexus it would only make common sense to try and get ICS out to the NS4G as soon as possible, but this is just wishful thinking. As it has been said time after time, it will come once Google makes the announcement.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
One would think that Google would push forward to release it to the NS4G considering how many times now that the Galaxy Nexus has been postponed. I do understand though with the issues they are having with the Galaxy Nexus I would wait to release it also as Google and Verizon have done due to the software and network issues it is having.

However the NS4G is still a very reliable device and since they are having those problems with the Galaxy Nexus it would only make common sense to try and get ICS out to the NS4G as soon as possible, but this is just wishful thinking. As it has been said time after time, it will come once Google makes the announcement.

There are no issues with ICS itself - the delay on the GNex is either due to network or device issues. ICS issues on the GNex has nothing to do with the NS4G. But no, I don't see Google dropping ICS for us before the GNex is released. The GNex was promised as the first ICS device, and yes, it's already been launched internationally so technically Google has held up their end, but I believe they'll treat the US the same. If anything, it just means more testing time, which is always good.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There were rumors recently that Google employees were testing ICS for the Nexus S. That doesn't necessary mean anything as Sprint has to approve any updates for our device which takes more time.

RyanK63

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
There were rumors recently that Google employees were testing ICS for the Nexus S. That doesn't necessary mean anything as Sprint has to approve any updates for our device which takes more time.

Sprint does not need to approve any updates since our device because it is a "pure" Google phone.

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There are no issues with ICS itself - the delay on the GNex is either due to network or device issues. ICS issues on the GNex has nothing to do with the NS4G. But no, I don't see Google dropping ICS for us before the GNex is released. The GNex was promised as the first ICS device, and yes, it's already been launched internationally so technically Google has held up their end, but I believe they'll treat the US the same. If anything, it just means more testing time, which is always good.

I never said there was an issue with ICS, but with the software vs hardware on the Galaxy Nexus. Plus I said it would be wishful thinking to have it out to the NS4G already. I also stated that it has to do with the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus. I am well aware that the device has launched in other countries.

Definitely agree with more testing but how long is too long for testing and how much time do you buy Verizon to get their version on the market for the public to purchase before releasing ICS to the NS4G or any other device capable of handling ICS.

ICS was announced in October along with the GN, there has never been a TRUE set date on when VZ would actually sell the GN so once again how long till Google makes the move to push to other device since VZ does not appear to be moving too fast at getting the NG out to market.

As with many others I am running a Custom ICS rom and must say that it has been awesome experience but it is still lacking one item that I would like to see how it really reacts to and that is having 4g services on my device. I am fine for now running just 3g services but still if you have 4g in the area why not use it? ICS runs much smooth and it integrates much better with my company's wifi , plus a ton of other things it just does better than GB.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Plain simple answer, even if this has been posted already...

Until Verizon releases the GN they we all will probably be on hold getting ICS filtered down to the Nexus S/NS4G since Google gave Verizon the ball in their court for exclusive rights to releasing the GN in the US carrier market and ICS along with it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Plain simple answer, even if this has been posted already...

Until Verizon releases the GN they we all will probably be on hold getting ICS filtered down to the Nexus S/NS4G since Google gave Verizon the ball in their court for exclusive rights to releasing the GN in the US carrier market and ICS along with it.

Better question. When will the other country couter parts of the nexus s get ics. Thatll make a better port. ;)

Reactions: crzycrkr

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
See my answer above... Everything rides on Verizon at this point... Google left it in their hands from the way it looks....

Djleal

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I would think their big bad nexus 3 would have ICS throughout the year, only makes sense since that is one of the huge key points. I

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well that's just semantics now. Yea, they are going to make sure it works, clearly. But, they don't have to approve the actual build persay. ;)

Semantics? Not really. Google makes the update, Sprint tests and approves it for their network. See the Xoom update, the wifi version had the update 2 weeks before Verizon released it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12