PC won't see phone

lws.jazz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been syncing my Nexus to my Dell Inspiron running Linux just fine, but then the USB cable that came with the phone started getting wobbly in the phone's port. I replaced it at the sprint store with a cable that fit better, but now my Dell won't recognize the phone when it's connected.

Any ideas welcome, thanks.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been syncing my Nexus to my Dell Inspiron running Linux just fine, but then the USB cable that came with the phone started getting wobbly in the phone's port. I replaced it at the sprint store with a cable that fit better, but now my Dell won't recognize the phone when it's connected.

There's a bunch of different things it could be. I would test the cable with other things and the phone with other cables, and different computers if you can, to help narrow it down a little bit

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If cables or different ports don't resolve the problem, you might want to run back to the Sprint store you dealt with and see if they can get it to recognize. Could be that your USB port on your device is starting to become problematic and may need replacement....

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

This might be stating the obvious, but did you enable USB storage, and debugging, before you connected?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

It kinda depends on what you're using it for. If you wanna use usb for transferring files, turn off usb debugging. That's the only way my phone will connect to my computer without pda net running on both the phone and computer.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt