Madhouse@ xda forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow... Now that the ics ota is out for the GSM phones, xda has turned into a madhouse. I can't believe people are doing the update zip without reading anything. So many bricked devices because the ota is being installed on phones it was not designed for.

It never ceases to amaze me that a simple ota can cause normally intelligent people to become foaming at the mouth raving lunatic's. My phone is bricked! What did I do wrong? I would like to say, "You install the wrong ota for your phone STUPID! " but instead, I just shake my head in amazement.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

LonghornTreo

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just another reason why the phones should carry completely different names on different carriers. Easy to get confused if your not paying attention.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, all I know is Android Central clearly stated at least TWICE in their article that it wasn't for any other phone BUT the T-Mobile. Personally, if you couldn't read I'm amazed you got into the bootloader, into recovery (passed the little confusion), and into updating in the first place.

And another personal opinion: I think one click roots should be outlawed. Making it too easy for the lazy and "readless" to root devices and do dumb things. Excuse me if I offended anyone.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, all I know is Android Central clearly stated at least TWICE in their article that it wasn't for any other phone BUT the T-Mobile. Personally, if you couldn't read I'm amazed you got into the bootloader, into recovery (passed the little confusion), and into updating in the first place.

And another personal opinion: I think one click roots should be outlawed. Making it too easy for the lazy and "readless" to root devices and do dumb things. Excuse me if I offended anyone.

No offense whatsoever - on the contrary, me like :D

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
+1 Agree one hundred %. I spent the last year playing with my Evo and learned alot about rooting, flashing, adb and whatever else. I also had fun rooting this phone; talk about easy! but still, had the chance to learn a few more adb entries as well as fastboot. One click is a recipe for disaster, people don't even get smart enough to be dangerous, just dangerous... to thier phones anyway lol...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos