Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlackHawkA4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Madhouse@ xda forums

Wow... Now that the ics ota is out for the GSM phones, xda has turned into a madhouse. I can't believe people are doing the update zip without reading anything. So many bricked devices because the ota is being installed on phones it was not designed for.

It never ceases to amaze me that a simple ota can cause normally intelligent people to become foaming at the mouth raving lunatic's. My phone is bricked! What did I do wrong? I would like to say, "You install the wrong ota for your phone STUPID! " but instead, I just shake my head in amazement.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: Madhouse@ xda forums

Its actually good that they are getting it first......they get to test it and google can squash the bugs for us

Just another reason why the phones should carry completely different names on different carriers. Easy to get confused if your not paying attention.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornGary View Post
    Just another reason why the phones should carry completely different names on different carriers. Easy to get confused if your not paying attention.
    No. No need to dumb it down for the dummies. Can't fix stupid.
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Well, all I know is Android Central clearly stated at least TWICE in their article that it wasn't for any other phone BUT the T-Mobile. Personally, if you couldn't read I'm amazed you got into the bootloader, into recovery (passed the little confusion), and into updating in the first place.

And another personal opinion: I think one click roots should be outlawed. Making it too easy for the lazy and "readless" to root devices and do dumb things. Excuse me if I offended anyone.
    iBowToAndroid likes this.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Well, all I know is Android Central clearly stated at least TWICE in their article that it wasn't for any other phone BUT the T-Mobile. Personally, if you couldn't read I'm amazed you got into the bootloader, into recovery (passed the little confusion), and into updating in the first place.

And another personal opinion: I think one click roots should be outlawed. Making it too easy for the lazy and "readless" to root devices and do dumb things. Excuse me if I offended anyone.
    No offense whatsoever - on the contrary, me like
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

+1 Agree one hundred %. I spent the last year playing with my Evo and learned alot about rooting, flashing, adb and whatever else. I also had fun rooting this phone; talk about easy! but still, had the chance to learn a few more adb entries as well as fastboot. One click is a recipe for disaster, people don't even get smart enough to be dangerous, just dangerous... to thier phones anyway lol...

And there you have it, point proven to a T.