Fix cracked screen price

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how much it cost to fix a cracked screen with no insurance? People like to throw glass around when they are angry and expect it not to break. :confused:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I hear in the market of around $65 for a EVO 3D last time I was at my local Sprint store and they referred a guy to a local shop who does out of warranty repairs...

Gives you a ballpark at least...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You threw your nexus, shame on you. Jk it happens. Mine is normally my Xbox controller.

Girlfriend did it. And shell be paying for it. Told her to stop throwing it when she gets mad. Luckily there was an active x on it so the rest of the phone is scratchless.

Ill call them tomorrow and find out.

65. That's good. Was expecting 100. So anything less is good.

ash1348

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My kid broke my Nexus S screen last month. I bought a new front panel and screen from ebay for $60 and followed some instructions that I found online. Took me less than half an hour to replace it. Works as good as new since then. Some re sellers offer to replace it for you for extra 20, that is total of 80 plus shipping.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My kid broke my Nexus S screen last month. I bought a new front panel and screen from ebay for $60 and followed some instructions that I found online. Took me less than half an hour to replace it. Works as good as new since then. Some re sellers offer to replace it for you for extra 20, that is total of 80 plus shipping.

Would do that but phone is still on warranty. Thanks though.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
she'll leave him for making her throw the phone in the first place, much less forcing her to pay the repair bill.

btdt

wpbfjr on the road

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why I never put on USB debugging on her phone.

Wanted to see the screen and see if it was on silent. Weird. Keys light up when a phone call comes in. No sound or vibration. But vibration comes on when the phone is turned on. Assuming its on silent. More or less hope.

Edit: I've yet to find a yes or no answer: does anyone know if there is a way to turn it on without the screen being on?

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Warning: The following images may be unsuitable for some audience. Viewer discretion is advised.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAxw/-JEUuPSnVMY/s800/IMG_20111218_203044.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAxo/GFejf61djq8/s400/IMG_20111218_202844.jpg

I don't know much about screen replacement but both layers are definitely destroyed. And on a worse note: looking at prices I see replacement AMOLEDs at 120+ and the LCD counterparts at 65. :(

Now's the time where I look around and wonder if my girlfriends next phone should be another Nexus or something with Gorilla glass. Like the Kevlar coated rzr. mmm. Wish that was the nexus.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Check out Cellaris which can be found in many local malls. Just replaced an epic screen for $100 last Friday.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Set down before you read this.

I have a local Sprint Repair Center that actually fixes things like this for $35.00 with no insurance. This was mine after daughter dropped. Took them 15 minutes.

Yes, you read Sprint - actually an old Nextel store with a bunch of hackers that like challenges, I can take
anything in there, no questions asked, no warranties cancelled, and they even ask how I did some things.

So call around, I found this on the other side of town out of desperation on another phone and go there on
these types of issues.

Or if those are the dollars, I would buy someone's off Craigs List that want the Iphone!! put it on unsurance for a month to be sure they didn't screw it up, then drop. That was my Plan B for above if I they couldnt do it,

Good luck, don't kill her, its only a phone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprints policy now is they will not replace a screen if it has more than a single crack or a single crack more than an inch long. They told me if I had no insurance, my only option was to take it elsewhere or buy a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just called every Sprint store within a 10 mile radius. The official Sprint stores don't do screens and, the other ones don't have any screens. At this point I don't mind doing it myself if I can find a screen for cheaper than that.

Edit: I found ONE unofficial Sprint store that said to bring it down and they would give me a price. Gonna go check it out and see what they say. I also called Samsung and they said they would do it for $150.

I wish Amazon or Best Buy was having a free Galaxy Nexus Offer right now: I would just cancel my Sprint service since I've been thinking about doing so for some time now and eat the extra $50 and get the GN. Decisions. I may end up sending it to Samsung. It's not a bad price if you think about it; and, since I've never paid for insurance and the deductible is $100 anyways: really no difference.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Good god that's a lot of cash, you could buy a whole phone for that.

Yea, I know; but, I know this one works perfectly otherwise. And from searching it appears to be the AMOLED's fault as all other LCD screens I've searched for are as well in the $50-60 range.

Factor in paying insurance for as long as I had the phone plus deductible: and you get the same price for repair anyways.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint store said 136 for screen plus shipping and tax plus 50 for repair. So Samsung it is.

Played with the galaxy nexus at Verizon. Like it but like I originally thought don't need it. Especially with ics on here definitely be good till next year.

So I'll forget about the 150 when that time comes around.

Said I could use MY upgrade and flip flop but there is no phone besides the galaxy I would do that for than I'm gonna be with sprint for the long haul.

Edit: In case anyone else is wondering. Called Samsung back and they charged me $153 and sent me the shipping label (I have to pay for shipping there). I'm going to go send it out tomorrow. The only problem; which, shouldn't be a problem (I hope) is: they won't just fix the screen if anything else is broken. I'm sure there isn't; but, would suck if there is. I can tell the phone works else wise and phone calls come in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton