Gingerbread and ICS

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
While I have made the switch from GB to ICS, I have to say there is still a fairly good difference in speed between the two. While I was converting my favorite backups from cwm to twrp, I got to play with some of my old favorites. Oxygen 2.3.2 running with the Matr1x -cfs_v11.5 kernel still smokes any ICS based combination I've seen to date. Super smooth and super fast.

When I find an ICS based kernel/rom combination that is as fast, smooth and stable as that. I will get rid of all those gb based backups.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I do find that some ics rom/kernel combos have some amazing battery life. I do value battery life pretty high on my list so I can deal with the performance

Sent from my iPride 4G

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I do find that some ics rom/kernel combos have some amazing battery life. I do value battery life pretty high on my list so I can deal with the performance

Sent from my iPride 4G

So far they have all been about the same for me. I haven't found a rom/kernel combo on either GB or ICS that gives me more than 10 hours on a single charge.

On the battery subject, my phone doesn't show accurate battery stats. I disconnect from the charger at 5 am and 10 hours later my stats show disconnected from charger for only 4 hours.

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you the battery life. I use my phone a lot though, so it doesn't really bother me. I've become accustomed to plugging in it on and off during the day.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
While I have made the switch from GB to ICS, I have to say there is still a fairly good difference in speed between the two.

Funny: I still keep my GB backups as well. I do notice a difference in speed. I notice it frequently, but I'm not sure it is enough to make me go back at this point. We'll have to see when the official release comes out.

I do find that some ics rom/kernel combos have some amazing battery life.

Not noticing this at all. My GB setups were better in terms of battery life when idle. Having said that, I think in practical application, the longer life goes to the GB ROMs as well.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that the ROMs aren't based on any NS4G release yet. Who knows.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny: I still keep my GB backups as well. I do notice a difference in speed. I notice it frequently, but I'm not sure it is enough to make me go back at this point. We'll have to see when the official release comes out.

Not noticing this at all. My GB setups were better in terms of battery life when idle. Having said that, I think in practical application, the longer life goes to the GB ROMs as well.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that the ROMs aren't based on any NS4G release yet. Who knows.

I'm praying the battery life gets better too, but from what I read on the gnex pages, their battery life stinks as well, and in most cases worse than anything I have experienced with ics. A few of them speak of 4-6 hours then dead... Even my worst setup on these builds will get 8.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I really believe has a lot to do with new kernel, new OS code.... Just going to take a bit of time to work the kinks out.... Probably very good at this point they haven't done a wide official release across multiple devices with ICS at this point..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze