Need Help, Extremely Confused on Flashing Dooderbutt

Frisco19

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my Nexus S 4g without any problems (as far as i know) and I downloaded Dooderbutt. The thread says to move the ZIP file to the SD card folder, but doesn't the Nexus S 4g not have an SD card? I don't have an SD card folder, and therefore I have no idea where to move the file to. And how do I flash Dooderbutt once I do move it to the SD card? Sorry if this is widespread knowledge, this is just my first time doing this and i'm extremely confused. Thanks

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to connect your phone up to the computer via usb. When you do so, your phone should recognize it and pop up a window to enable the usb storage. When this is enabled it will pop up your sd card partition on your computer.

REMEMBER... just because your phone doesnt have an EXTERNAL SD slot, doesnt mean it doesnt have an SD PARTITION... It works just as good, if not better because its a physical connection to the phone.

Let me know if you need anymore help, and welcome to the forums! :cool:

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
You need to connect your phone up to the computer via usb. When you do so, your phone should recognize it and pop up a window to enable the usb storage. When this is enabled it will pop up your sd card partition on your computer.

REMEMBER... just because your phone doesnt have an EXTERNAL SD slot, doesnt mean it doesnt have an SD PARTITION... It works just as good, if not better because its a physical connection to the phone.

Let me know if you need anymore help, and welcome to the forums! :cool:

WOW !!! :eek:

Frisco19

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! That clears things up a ton! I ran rootchecker and found out my phone wasn't actually rooted so i'm going to retry the one click root from XDA. I think I might have did it wrong last time. I'll let you know if i still need help after that. Much thanks

Frisco19

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Wait...something happened =/ I ran rootchecker and it confirmed my root access and everything ran fine but today i could not use setCPU, AdFree or SSHTunnel and superuser was acting funny so i retried root checker. It claimed I had no root acces so i retried one click root but i cannot regain my root access. Any ideas on what happened and how to fix it???

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait...something happened =/ I ran rootchecker and it confirmed my root access and everything ran fine but today i could not use setCPU, AdFree or SSHTunnel and superuser was acting funny so i retried root checker. It claimed I had no root acces so i retried one click root but i cannot regain my root access. Any ideas on what happened and how to fix it???

Sometimes there is a file you need to delete. I just can't remember the name. Paul should know...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk