Nexus S 4G Rebooting

gandalf1369

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing the phone rebooting on its own?? My Nexus S 4G has done that about 3 or 4 times so far within the last month but ONLY when I am actually in a phone call with someone. The phone is rooted but is running the stock ROM. Other than the rebooting situation I have has absolutely no other problems with it.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated . . . .

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I would think maybe your battery is either bad or is loose.. Is it a stock battery or a generic?

That's where I'd start.

gandalf1369

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The battery is stock.

I'm not too sure about the battery being loose - if it were I would think that I would experience random reboots at other times not just during phone calls.

I will check the "tightness" of the battery however.

Thanks

kevlenn

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Same thing just started with mine today. Only when in a call, phone shuts off and reboots. 3 times in a row. Nexus s 4g unrooted gingerbread 2.3.7?

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Nexus since August and my phone reboots on its own a couple of times a month. It's sadly something I've gotten used to.

Androidnit

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here, only on phone calls. Anybody have a solution? This is getting very annoying. It is rooted and have tried multiple ROM's and even changed the Kernel once. Seemed to make a small difference, but back to OE ROM and continues to happen. :confused:

gandalf1369

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm the OP and I think I have solved my problem. This probably won't work for everyone but the more tid-bits of information someone has the better shot they have of identifying possible causes for the rebooting.

I was trying to figure out if there was any connection to my rebooting problem and any apps that I had installed. Since I don't install many apps from the market that didn't seem too likely until I realized that I had made a change in one of the apps that I had installed. In JuiceDefender Ultimate I had enabled the "CPU" option to automatically change the minimum and maximum CPU speed to conserve battery power. As soon as I disabled that option my rebooting problems have apparently disappeared.

I have used the phone for about 1 1/2 weeks with no rebooting. As I said, this probably won't help everyone but it's worth knowing.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm the OP and I think I have solved my problem. This probably won't work for everyone but the more tid-bits of information someone has the better shot they have of identifying possible causes for the rebooting.

I was trying to figure out if there was any connection to my rebooting problem and any apps that I had installed. Since I don't install many apps from the market that didn't seem too likely until I realized that I had made a change in one of the apps that I had installed. In JuiceDefender Ultimate I had enabled the "CPU" option to automatically change the minimum and maximum CPU speed to conserve battery power. As soon as I disabled that option my rebooting problems have apparently disappeared.

I have used the phone for about 1 1/2 weeks with no rebooting. As I said, this probably won't help everyone but it's worth knowing.

The rebooting has happened to me twice in the last week. I do not have JuiceDefender, my phone is not rooted and it happens when I haven't done anything at all. Just a couple minutes ago, while I was on my computer and not even touching my phone, I looked over and saw the restart "X" animation. I hadn't even talked on my phone for at least an hour and had only just a few minutes prior checked an email.

a1marc

May 2, 2012
Visit site
My nexus reboot 5 to 10 times a day, i hate that but i like the phone. One day I download this app and the reboot stop. I don't know why but the random reboot stop.
The app call lookout and is free
Good luck, try and let me know if it work.:D

petitelady36

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I first mentioned having this problem ever since the ICS update. I went to the Sprint store and first they said I had a bum battery... They exchanged the battery and it continued to happened. After going back to the store they decided to replace the unit and it continued to happened. I'm on the second replacement phone now and decided that it might not be the phone since three phones (my original and two replacements) can't have the same exact problem and I didn't see many posts mentioning people having problems with their NS4G rebooting after ICS. I decided it has to be one of my apps so i uninstalled everything for about a day or two and guess what? My phone did not reboot....I gradually reinstalled certain apps and it continued to behave with no reboots. Yesterday, I reinstalled green power battery save and wouldn't you know it my phone rebooted itself. So I figured that must be the app that's causing the phone to reboot... I uninstalled reboot last night almost 24hours later no rebooting. by the way, i am running stock.