Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2013, Sprint will have signal strength/coverage to rival Verizon!

Sprint's 1900MHz Network Vision Is Nice, But The 800MHz Rollout Will Drop Your Jaw

A lot of people think WiMAX sucks and LTE is great because on Sprint the 4G doesn't go far or into buildings well. But that's NOT because of WiMAX, it's because of the frequency that Sprint is running it on (2300). The lower frequncies hod strength much better over distances and through buildings. Verizon and AT&T are in the 700's. But in 2013, Sprint will have moved Nextel off their 800MHZ and moved LTE onto it. Look at the images to see the difference:

CURRENT COVERAGE:

800 MHZ 4G Coverage:

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Default Re: 2013, Sprint will have signal strength/coverage to rival Veri

So lock in that unlimited contract while you still can!

it will get better but I don't think it will rival them at all. Verizon is miles ahead already and sprint still needs to still fix its 3g.. Their 3g speeds are horrid but I hope they do. We need an unlimited major carrier.

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.

Sounds great!!!

I think Verizon buys Sprint , lol
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    it will get better but I don't think it will rival them at all. Verizon is miles ahead already and sprint still needs to still fix its 3g.. Their 3g speeds are horrid but I hope they do. We need an unlimited major carrier.

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.
    This will fix 3G as well. Pretty much all the problems are related exactly to the frequency they run on.

It has nothing to do with the frequency, it has to do with the tower locations.

Sprint/Clearwire didn't put their wimax transmitters on all of their towers, hardly any really.

I sure hope this is,a solution. I remember when I had my Nextel, you could get direct connect just about any where but phone calls were something different. That would explain this whole lower frequency penetrating buildings and stuff better than cellular calls from higher frequencies.

Let's hope for the best.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMcJoe View Post
    It has nothing to do with the frequency, it has to do with the tower locations.

Sprint/Clearwire didn't put their wimax transmitters on all of their towers, hardly any really.
    Perhaps but frequency is definitely a factor as well

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk