1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Question: Why does my ipad2 get emails quicker than my NS4G?

Hey guys, my question is in no way meant to be inflammatory. It is oddly bothering me that the ipad sounds alerts to emails in both its native mail and its gmail apps and my phone doesn't notify me until a few seconds later.

Any ides on why this is? I've had constant weak radio issues since day 1, but I don't know that that is the issue. Could it be something in the way both os's handle push notifications?

THanks

Default Re: Question: Why does my ipad2 get emails quicker than my NS4G?

Strange...email comes to my GMail app on my phone before it even shows up in the browser version on my PC. I don't own an iPad, so I can't really compare...but honestly, does a few seconds even make a difference to you?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dopedroid View Post
    Hey guys, my question is in no way meant to be inflammatory. It is oddly bothering me that the ipad sounds alerts to emails in both its native mail and its gmail apps and my phone doesn't notify me until a few seconds later.

Any ides on why this is? I've had constant weak radio issues since day 1, but I don't know that that is the issue. Could it be something in the way both os's handle push notifications?

THanks

Nope, doesn't make a difference at all. Simple curiosity is all.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Email comes on my Galaxy Tab before my NS4G, same goes with Google Voice.
    - Grant Heppes www.GrantHeppes.com www.about.me/GrantHeppes
    Thank me if I helped you please. Google+ Me http://www.gplus.to/GrantHeppes

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Weird...same goes for me on my HP TouchPad

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS - Bugless Beast 1/22

Gmail usually pushes to my original iPad before my phone. Sometimes it pops up on the phone first. It doesn't really matter. Generally, if I'm at home, I'm using the iPad. If I'm out and about, I usually only have my phone, so I don't even notice the difference.

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

this happens on my ipad as well as the iphone i just switched to (dropped my nexus just before vacation so borrowed one to use). actually email downloads faster as well as a lot of other things I use, and this is running ics aosp v43. Very surprised at these results since I have never used an iphone, I now see what is meant by zero lag.

Most likely it has to do with the carrier's handling of 3G/4G versus your ethernet/wifi connection. See if this still occurs if you put your phone on a wifi connection instead of 3G.