1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail has stopped atuo syncing correctly

Gmail sync has always worked perfectly for me up until about the last week or so...I have completely un/reinstalled the app, I have wiped the data & cache, and still have this problem. I have verified that auto sync is on, and checked that my inbox is "checked" to also sync. The email notification no longer shows up in the status bar. If I manually hit the refresh button in gmail, it will refresh properly.

I am at a loss what to do?

Gmail version 4.0.3-239410
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmail has stopped atuo syncing correctly-screenshot_2012-01-30-10-00-34.png  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Re: Gmail has stopped atuo syncing correctly

Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    Gmail sync has always worked perfectly for me up until about the last week or so...I have completely un/reinstalled the app, I have wiped the data & cache, and still have this problem. I have verified that auto sync is on, and checked that my inbox is "checked" to also sync. The email notification no longer shows up in the status bar. If I manually hit the refresh button in gmail, it will refresh properly.

I am at a loss what to do?

Gmail version 4.0.3-239410
    This happens to me sometimes ever since I've started using Android. Are you rooted? Reason I ask is I am wondering what process you went through to uninstall the app. Also, have you 'cleared data' in manage applications?

**EDIT**

I just looked at your picture and realized you are rooted. I guess my next question would be if you flashed another ROM - maybe a working GB ROM to test, what would be your result?
    Last edited by jeffreynothing43; 01-30-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added info
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I am rooted. For the uninstall method, I have used both the stock uninstall under the "manage apps" as well as via titanium backup. I also did the clear data in manage apps. When I reinstalled via titanium, I made sure to restore "app only" and not "app + data"

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    Yes, I am rooted. For the uninstall method, I have used both the stock uninstall under the "manage apps" as well as via titanium backup. I also did the clear data in manage apps. When I reinstalled via titanium, I made sure to restore "app only" and not "app + data"
    Like I added in my edit...the only other thing I would do is try a known working GB ROM and see if it is related to the ROM you're on. I just was dealing with this exact problem a week ago and uninstalled Gmail through Root Explorer and re-installed it off the market and I've been fine ever since. The only other insight I could add is this happened to my phone about a year ago. It turns out it was a Google thing that affected a number of users. It was corrected in a few days..
    Last edited by jeffreynothing43; 01-30-2012 at 10:28 AM.

The same thing has happened to me. It does not autosync for both of my gmail accts so I have to manually refresh everytime. And I am unrooted