Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Default Re: ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread

At this point I'm just curious to see if we get ICS before the first day I can upgrade (May 1st). I don't plan on upgrading right away...but with some LTE options coming up soon, I may jump off the Nexus train sooner than I had planned.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    At this point I'm just curious to see if we get ICS before the first day I can upgrade (May 1st). I don't plan on upgrading right away...but with some LTE options coming up soon, I may jump off the Nexus train sooner than I had planned.
    The Galaxy Nexus will launch on April 22nd so if you want, call Sprint Retentions and ask for your upgrade to be bumped up early.

Do NOT do this until the phone launches as you'll have to use it immediately. Then you can just skip the Nexus S 4G all together and go straight to the Galaxy Nexus.

(Sprint Retentions is: 877-775-4886. Please don't abuse this number. They can do things for you that the normal Sprint number can't/won't do.)

Also, friend of mine works at a Sprint kiosk here in Omaha and he's said that the employees are able to preorder the Galaxy Nexus around April 22nd. So, it looks like those rumors about Sam's Club getting the phone then are true. So, bump your upgrade (again, when the phone releases and NOT before) and get the phone.
    Last edited by Ryuuie; 04-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.

I get a much stronger 4G WiMax signal at work with this than I did on 2.3 and the old 4.04 leak. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuie View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus will launch on April 22nd so if you want, call Sprint Retentions and ask for your upgrade to be bumped up early.

Do NOT do this until the phone launches as you'll have to use it immediately. Then you can just skip the Nexus S 4G all together and go straight to the Galaxy Nexus.

(Sprint Retentions is: 877-775-4886. Please don't abuse this number. They can do things for you that the normal Sprint number can't/won't do.)

Also, friend of mine works at a Sprint kiosk here in Omaha and he's said that the employees are able to preorder the Galaxy Nexus around April 22nd. So, it looks like those rumors about Sam's Club getting the phone then are true. So, bump your upgrade (again, when the phone releases and NOT before) and get the phone.
    I'm not really interested in the Galaxy Nexus. My next phone will have to hold me for 20 months at least and that one is already six months old. I'm not usually finicky about having the "latest and greatest"...but when I'm under contract on something, I'd like it to be more current than that. Besides..."Nexus" doesn't mean much to me. I may hold up until I have a few options. The new EVO looks promising. Either way, I'll try hands-on time before committing.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I'm not really interested in the Galaxy Nexus. My next phone will have to hold me for 20 months at least and that one is already six months old. I'm not usually finicky about having the "latest and greatest"...but when I'm under contract on something, I'd like it to be more current than that. Besides..."Nexus" doesn't mean much to me. I may hold up until I have a few options. The new EVO looks promising. Either way, I'll try hands-on time before committing.
    Yeah, the "Nexus" line doesn't really matter on CDMA anymore anyway. I'd go GSM if you want a Nexus phone.

Well, at least you know you can bump your upgrade if you DO want something in April. You should give a review or something for the EVO on Youtube if you go that route, it looks nice.

Its out ota apparently. It seems the"trick" In which I can pull the update down is not working for me. Any ideas?
    Last edited by bugz_92; 04-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Batting1000 View Post
    Looks to be the same build as the recent leak which is good.
    Batting1000 likes this.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

So now that it's really out, is there anything I can do other than doing the *#*#checkin#*#* thing then going to check for an update?

Yes, I'm impatient (now).

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I want this sooo bad! Just did the checkin. No Luck.

That's the only thing you can do until somebody gets the URL for the OTA and posts it here Then we can all download it and update manually through recovery.

Question for the experts here.

I am no longer with Sprint (jumped ship to Verizon) but I still have my trusty Nexus S 4G, which I occasionally use on Wifi.

Is there any way I can receive the ICS update via OTA? If not, how may I obtain it?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    Thanked by:

well if sprint's ota is the same build as what was leaked a few days ago then you guys can go ahead and do the install yourself. i'm sure you can easily find that. that's what i did and i'm pretty happy with ics. i'm not sure if it's me or not, but my battery life isn't that great. i've been lightly using it (only to text) for the past 4-5 hours and i'm already at 50%. went from 94% - 50%.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thisizsic View Post
    well if sprint's ota is the same build as what was leaked a few days ago then you guys can go ahead and do the install yourself. i'm sure you can easily find that. that's what i did and i'm pretty happy with ics. i'm not sure if it's me or not, but my battery life isn't that great. i've been lightly using it (only to text) for the past 4-5 hours and i'm already at 50%. went from 94% - 50%.
    It seems it is, but the ways to install that leak, afaict, all involve rooting and the phone being wiped - don't want to mess with that. I'll wait for the OTA to roll to me or the download link to be found....

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceD View Post
    Question for the experts here.

I am no longer with Sprint (jumped ship to Verizon) but I still have my trusty Nexus S 4G, which I occasionally use on Wifi.

Is there any way I can receive the ICS update via OTA? If not, how may I obtain it?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    I have the same question.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

any way to manually update the official build instead of waiting for the ota? I'm unrooted.

Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    any way to manually update the official build instead of waiting for the ota? I'm unrooted.
    Someone that gets the OTA would have to be nice enough to not install it and host it somewhere. That's how it usually works out.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ah.. Thanks for the info.

Damn, just got to work!! oh well, hope I get it soon!
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

My day has come! Lol.

Hope sooner than later. Having problems sending mms and such. Wanna wipe clean back to stock and get the ota.

Gonna wait till I hear it start rolling out. Ics with bugs is still better than gb for a few days. Lol.

Finally!!!!!!!

Anyone have a manual update .zip?

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jstates916 View Post
    Anyone have a manual update .zip?
    We'll have to wait until someone actually gets the OTA or Google puts it up on their servers.

It looks as if most at XDA installed the 4.0.4 leak which turns out IS the OTA. So, they won't receive it.

Anybody got the update?

Do I need to go back to stock to receive the ota?

Is it rolling out now, anyone get it yet?
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast