Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS 4.0.5 Coming in March to Nexus S 4G

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    Your taking something into account that ultimately has little effect on the market.
    While you make good points, I still think I make good ones as well. To be perfectly honest, the GNex is still a believable factor. It's better than "Samsung didn't approve it" or whatever else is floating around. It's better than the absolute silence given from Google and Sprint also.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one as neither one of us has information from Sprint to say whether one of us is right or not.

Regardless of your post, I still say we will NOT see ICS on the NS4G until AFTER the Galaxy Nexus launches, you can believe what you want but you don't have proof against it just as I don't have proof against what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    By your logic, they would have withheld an update for GSM phones then.

I understand the whole issue regarding consumer logic v. business logic. I just don't think your conclusion makes sense in either logic.
    The GNex released before GSM Nexus S got anything. Google even stated that ICS would hit the Nexus S AFTER the Galaxy Nexus launched. They could've put it on NS first, but they didn't. Who's to say Sprint isn't deciding to do the same for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuyInNC View Post
    Actually, there are many more differences between the 4 and 4S that may be compelling reasons for an upgrade. They didn't "just add Siri."
    That's the joke isn't it? You and I know that- but they don't... they saw Siri and that was reason enough. Just like for many- the GNex has 720P, a larger screen for webbrowsing and Unified memory so running out of storage for application data is a thing of the past. Sure there's more reasons to get a Gnex than those- but the unified memory alone is the one that just about seals the deal for me... I'm just pissed they got rid of the menu button- I hate the iOS approach of putting it in random locations in each app...

With regard to official ICS updates- if ANY non nexus phone gets ANY OS update before the Gnex or Nexus S... it will completely ruin the most important aspect of owning a nexus- being the 1st for updates. This could be the beginning of the end of this line of phones at all if that were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuie View Post
    While you make good points, I still think I make good ones as well. To be perfectly honest, the GNex is still a believable factor. It's better than "Samsung didn't approve it" or whatever else is floating around. It's better than the absolute silence given from Google and Sprint also.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one as neither one of us has information from Sprint to say whether one of us is right or not.

Regardless of your post, I still say we will NOT see ICS on the NS4G until AFTER the Galaxy Nexus launches, you can believe what you want but you don't have proof against it just as I don't have proof against what you said.

The GNex released before GSM Nexus S got anything. Google even stated that ICS would hit the Nexus S AFTER the Galaxy Nexus launched. They could've put it on NS first, but they didn't. Who's to say Sprint isn't deciding to do the same for whatever reason?
    You're right, none of us know. My argument is in a simple form with no variables. I have no predication, nor does it matter, I'm rooted running ICS lol.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Unhappy Re: ICS 4.0.5 Coming in March to Nexus S 4G

i want ICS so bad! SOOO BADDDD!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzeeman View Post
    i want ICS so bad! SOOO BADDDD!
    If you want it that bad then install a ROM. I got tired of waiting and I couldn't be happier.
    the727kid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool84 View Post
    If you want it that bad then install a ROM. I got tired of waiting and I couldn't be happier.
    That's what did, now I have too much to choose from.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    That's what did, now I have too much to choose from.
    I could have s sworn you said you didn't want to load a rom. You just wanted to root.

Once you root its basically an addiction... You get a small taste of things, then you want more...

It just consumes you...

For some the flashing of ROMs addiction eventually dies down, others it just keeps going strong... Me, personally after a year of flashing ROMs, kernels, mods, themes and building both a ROM and various themes I'm on the downside now.. I flash when necessary and enjoy ROMs now instead of looking for the next latest and greatest every 5 minutes... Gee I can only imagine what couple dozen more ROMs will sprout from Android 4.0.5 ...

I think I'm gonna go boot into CWM recovery.....
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Once you root its basically an addiction... You get a small taste of things, then you want more...

It just consumes you...

For some the flashing of ROMs addiction eventually dies down, others it just keeps going strong... Me, personally after a year of flashing ROMs, kernels, mods, themes and building both a ROM and various themes I'm on the downside now.. I flash when necessary and enjoy ROMs now instead of looking for the next latest and greatest every 5 minutes... Gee I can only imagine what couple dozen more ROMs will sprout from Android 4.0.5 ...

I think I'm gonna go boot into CWM recovery.....
    Please... Rooting has never effected the way I use my phone.

Like Paul said, it consumed me.
    Paul627g likes this.

Well...some HTC phones are getting the update by "the end of March"...

...so if the Nexus line truly are the first handsets to get updated, I would expect an update in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post

...so if the Nexus line truly are the first handsets to get updated, I would expect an update in the next month.
    Thats a good point... Just gonna have to wait and see.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

That'd be sad if HTC's phones got ICS before the Nexus S 4G.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My guess is with the "official" build existing (leaked), that Sprint is only a week or two from releasing ICS. I don't think we have to worry about HTC's phones getting the update before the NS4G

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    My guess is with the "official" build existing (leaked), that Sprint is only a week or two from releasing ICS. I don't think we have to worry about HTC's phones getting the update before the NS4G
    I hope there's a fix for the proximity bug in 4.0.4 before they push it out to OTA. A lot of XDA users noticed the bug after the "ICS honeymoon" wore off and they tried to make a call.

I hope there's a fix for the proximity bug in 4.0.4 before they push it out to OTA. A lot of XDA users noticed the bug after the "ICS honeymoon" wore off and they tried to make a call.
    maybe the "leak" is really just an unofficial beta testing.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Did you report it to google? If people who experience it don't report it, they won't fix it.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

maybe the "leak" is really just an unofficial beta testing.
    That's what I'm thinking too. It was an unfinished version of 4.0.4 just like the GNex version of 4.0.4 is pretty much a beta as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Did you report it to google? If people who experience it don't report it, they won't fix it.
    I didn't do the update, but quite a bit of people on XDA noticed that there were proximity problems when they tried to make calls. I'd hope they'd be smart enough to report it but if I can report it even if I DON'T have the "leak", I will.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

How many of us keep visiting Android Central each day (or hour?!) expecting to see 4.0.x released for NS4G?!

Takes me back to my Palm Pre days, waiting throughout the night anxiously phone in hand constantly hitting the update button and chatting on Pre Central!!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evansgw View Post
    How many of us keep visiting Android Central each day (or hour?!) expecting to see 4.0.x released for NS4G?!

Takes me back to my Palm Pre days, waiting throughout the night anxiously phone in hand constantly hitting the update button and chatting on Pre Central!!
    Good sir, are you suggesting that I'm checking this forum, XDA, AC's main site, and Google+?! How dare you!

Yeah, I totally am. I think I have a problem.
    johnb0072 likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Good sir, are you suggesting that I'm checking this forum, XDA, AC's main site, and Google+?! How dare you!

Yeah, I totally am. I think I have a problem.
    ditto

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

+1
    don't know why i do this perfectly happy with it the way it is:d

I'm still betting it will be out right after Gnex for sprint is out. How is it that a huge company takes months for a software update? Yet we have home developers building ROMs from source code that can be released almost everyday. And best part is these AOSP ROMs work flawlessly?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I think the problem is that it is a big company working with another big company. They all have so much red tape to deal with.

The independent developers can put out code without having to worry about the legal, customer service, IT, or marketing departments concerns.

Pain in the rear end.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    My android devices:

Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 - T989, Stock.
    Previous: Samsung Nexus S 4G, Bugless Beast, Matr1x, Lulzactive sio.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

The update itself is done. Google released versions of ICS for all Nexus variants back in December. They just haven't made an OTA yet.

Now we have the supposed "leak" (which may not be a leak at all).

Whether it's Sprint holding it until the Galaxy Nexus (which, after some thought, I agree is really foolish since the Galaxy Nexus won't be out until May or June at the earliest) or Sprint doing testing, Google's done their part.

I'd say it's all on Sprint now.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast