Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223
Like Tree52Likes

Default Re: ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread

I couldn't get screen shot to work either...
    Until I hit them at the EXACT SAME TIME!

It does work and it is nice to be able to do that...now to figure out why in the hell I would use that.

Quote Originally Posted by tonykilo943 View Post

It does work and it is nice to be able to do that...now to figure out why in the hell I would use that.
    Many people use screen shot to show off their homescreen layout.. If you notice in the general section for each device there is usually a thread sticky for showing off your homescreen or something like that...

Other others use them to show something on screen for troubleshooting a problem.. Picture speaks a thousand words...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Angry Re: ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread

aight... i don't know if it was a *slight of hand*, or blind presses, but my nexus is now wth ics.. (spurred on with curiousity pushing me off the roof) ..

it only took less than 10 minutes proper, with the reboot & updates to two apps..

it's semi ugly, looks too busy, BUT, functonal.. with the over sized icons down low, today that tray is with only three icons - phone, application toggle, browser ....... the update happened at work, i test drove the battery / signal strength on the trip home:

the metrorail subway was the perfect test, usually in columbia heights, with gingerbread, i had no problem getting a verizon 3g sig, but with ics, i roamed... also my transfer point at l'enfant plaza where i'm two levels below the surface verizon's 3g is king, but the triagular roam icon persisted..

where my trip on the train would go above ground at benning rd, gingerbread would grab the native sprint 3g almost instantly.. the ics install never adjusted, it hung stubbornly t the roaming signal, til the train went underground again... even wen i arived at the largo station, geting off, & down the **escellator** (where's my spellcheck?) it hadn't adjusted. only when i had clearly exited the metrorail, did the native signal appear..

when i got home i went into the basement to grab the wifi sig, then headed back upstairs, on the 1st level in kitchen cool, two more flights up, on the 3rd flor i plopped on the bed, wifi went down to one miserable bar, but was usable, it winked out once & i found myself back on 3g, but after re-initiating it, wifi persisted.. the oddball was 4g, which was much stronger with full signal strength, ~better than the wifi signal in the same house~

application - i bought a game called spades king, which i play every night before going to bed, on the metrorail, while eating at times.. it no longer opens, un-installed / re-installed, no matter, i hope they update the game, to accomadate ics i left it installed in hopes ....

what's up with the browser? in gingerbread, thee was a side -+ toggle that appear to enlarge the text to page, i lost this in ics? simply spreading the page for the larger text in ics, breaks past the page borders, then you have to do the side to side scroll...

last night, i went into SETTING - DEV OPTION -TRANSITION ANIMATION SCALE <--turn this scaling off

also by bedtyme, the nexus ics install probably had the best deep charge since the installion.. the trip to work via metrorail showed a much more inprved battery life than last night..

usb transfer rate sucks (attachment) & in gingerbread, un-mounting was easily done from the handset itself, with no right clicking the desktop icon to mess with... but with the ics install, i have to un-mount the icon 1st, THEN go to the handset un-do usb storage.. two steps in ics, vs one in gingerbread....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread-screenshot-2012-04-13-09-36-34.jpg  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonykilo943 View Post

yeterday & this a few moments ago, i kept trying, but only resulting in muting the volume or toggling the screen off.. but every tyme, i was attempting to do this one handed...

thnaks paul627g for **Hold Volume Down + Power for a few seconds.** becuase i fond that i had to do this with both hands & **success**
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread-screenshot_2012-04-13-10-29-31.png  
    Thanked by:

Ya works much easier with two hands... One handed just doesn't cut it most of the time.
    Paul

Also have to hold them down for a second.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

i updated and my radio is so much worse - can't get wifi anywhere in my house and when i'm next to router i still don't have full signal. also seems buggy -but only at times. sometimes runs smoother other times not- very frustrating. i want to roll back and/or reinstall

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i updated and my radio is so much worse - can't get wifi anywhere in my house and when i'm next to router i still don't have full signal. also seems buggy -but only at times. sometimes runs smoother other times not- very frustrating. i want to roll back and/or reinstall
    I would do a reinstall with one of Peter Alfonso's stock/rooted roms. Wipe your cache and everything. Sometimes you jsut need to start over again.

thanks - does that mean i have to root the phone? i'm not very tech savvy!
    i downloaded the file via here
    http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...comment-401592

followed all instructions- but as i said radio is horrendous and some days run smooth others not so much. if i reinstall what do you mean about wiping 'everything'? should i wipe the phone completely first? thank you so much for your assistance.

thanks - does that mean i have to root the phone? i'm not very tech savvy!
    i downloaded the file via here
    http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...comment-401592

followed all instructions- but as i said radio is horrendous and some days run smooth others not so much. if i reinstall what do you mean about wiping 'everything'? should i wipe the phone completely first? thank you so much for your assistance.
    To install a custom ROM like Pete's Alfanso's ROM yes you need to root your device.

Otherwise if your content on trying to resolve issues on ICS you could do a factory reset from within Settings to try and clear things out and see if it improves.
    Paul

thanks - i need to do something. so a regular factory reset may help? i dont' need to clear the USB Storage, correct?
    i assume if i do the reset then all apps just reload? is there anything else i need to be aware of - thank you once again.

I would export your contacts list to your USB storage and onto your computer just incase. Yes I know its sync'd to Google and your Gmail but sometimes a few contacts get missed... This way you can import them back in this event.

Also texts/mms can be saved using SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store (Free)

Concerning your apps/settings go into Settings>Backup & Restore and make sure you have Backup/Sync to Google servers checked.
    Paul

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Okay here goes, My wife and mother have stock Nexus S 4G's with ICS. They both complain about not being able to answer the phone in time before it goes to voice mail. All the steps it takes just to answer a call. First you have to slide to unlock then press the key pad button, and then press 1 to answer a call or 2 to send it to voice mail. But by the time you take it out of your pocket or a purse and go through all those steps the call already went to voice mail.
    Is anybody else having this problem?

Dead Palm Pre to SGS11 Epic 4G Touch

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

This makes no sense, when a call comes in for me I just have to slide the lock circle to answer or decline. Unlocking the phone from the lock screen while there is an incoming call isnt even
    even an option. Go to settings phone and hunt around for what is making you have to unlock first

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Okay here goes, My wife and mother have stock Nexus S 4G's with ICS. They both complain about not being able to answer the phone in time before it goes to voice mail. All the steps it takes just to answer a call. First you have to slide to unlock then press the key pad button, and then press 1 to answer a call or 2 to send it to voice mail. But by the time you take it out of your pocket or a purse and go through all those steps the call already went to voice mail.

OK, when the phone rings and you press the lock, to the left you get a red phone icon, to the top you get a message icon, and the right you get a green phone icon. when you slide the lock to the green icon you get the open phone app like you are in a call but the bar at the bottom with the phone icon in the middle is red and it tells you to press 1 to accept the call or press 2 to send the call to voice mail...But by the time you get the phone out of your pocket, slide the lock to the green icon, press the key pad icon and the key pad comes up so you can press 1, the call already went to voice mail.
    Last edited by nascar_fan; 04-28-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: explaining more detail.
    Dead Palm Pre to SGSll Epic 4G Touch
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I don't know what you talking about but I'm now getting full bars with the update maybe u have to reinstall the update and do a few battery tests

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by nascar_fan View Post

Dead Palm Pre to SGS11 Epic 4G Touch

That's Google voice tell them to disable it in order to answer the phone regular

Thanked by:

I ran into a similar issue with Google Voice. It used to happen on my Evo 4G with froyo and gingerbread, and pretty much since day one with the NS4G. The call screening feature is handy but I'd really rather just answer the phone and not worry about it. I just disabled the call screening option all together and haven't looked back.

Though every once in a while I get a voicemail notification but the phone never rang. Pretty sure it's unrelated to the delay you're talking about. Not sure if I should blame Sprint or Google Voice, but it doesn't happen enough to really bother me.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223