Nexus S 4g from Cricket to Sprint

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Since the Galaxy Nexus for Sprint won't be out for a while and there won't be LTE in my area for quite some time anyway, I was thinking of buying a Nexus S 4g from Craigslist to replace my Optimus S and use it until the next version of the Nexus comes out late 2012/early 2013 (plus the necessary wait until Sprint gets it, of course).

Anyway, I found this one:
Samsung Nexus S 4G running ICS 4.0.4

As the post says, it is "fully flashed to Cricket." I know next to nothing about Cricket, its relationship (if any) to Sprint, or anything like that. Can this phone be flashed back to Sprint? If the answer is "maybe," what info do I need to be able to know for sure?

Thanks!

EDIT: The seller got back to me saying the phone was already sold, so it is a moot point. Feel free to answer for educational purposes, though.

Last edited:

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't answer your question, but I have observed most of those phones flashed to another carrier have a 'bad ESN', which means that phone is blacklisted from that carrier. Usually, when a phone is reported stolen, the carrier will blacklist the ESN so it can't be used on their network. There may be other reasons for a bad ESN, but I'm not aware of them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't answer your question, but I have observed most of those phones flashed to another carrier have a 'bad ESN', which means that phone is blacklisted from that carrier. Usually, when a phone is reported stolen, the carrier will blacklist the ESN so it can't be used on their network. There may be other reasons for a bad ESN, but I'm not aware of them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I ended up getting one from a different seller. So I am now a proud Nexus S 4G owner. Now off to read all the rooting/ROM threads to figure out what I want to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781