Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: [ICS][NS4G]Official Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update

Quote Originally Posted by bhough7 View Post
    So I get the triangle and the android everytime I hit RECOVERY. I tried pressing Volume Up + Power on that screen and nothing happened. Any ideas?
    Try pressing POWER first and then in a split second press the UP volume.
    Thanked by 2:
    ccrs8dump71 

Quote Originally Posted by bhough7 View Post
    So I get the triangle and the android everytime I hit RECOVERY. I tried pressing Volume Up + Power on that screen and nothing happened. Any ideas?
    If i remember correctly, it takes some playing around, try holding the volume up and then hitting power or the other way around.

Currently downloading ICS....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So can anyone confirm does this wipe out the phone? Or do all of your apps and info stay?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Quote Originally Posted by revival View Post
    So can anyone confirm does this wipe out the phone? Or do all of your apps and info stay?
    This should be a NO DATA WIPED.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I guess it did. For some reason when I first got the phone I thought I remembered seeing that it only had 512MB. oh well.

Anyone else run into issues with agenda widget?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    This should be a NO DATA WIPED.
    So, best way to return to stock 2.3.7? Im on leaked IMM76D and can reroot later if I need to. How to relock? or do I need to relock? And I also need to preserve data in doing so. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    So, best way to return to stock 2.3.7? Im on leaked IMM76D and can reroot later if I need to. How to relock? or do I need to relock? And I also need to preserve data in doing so. Thanks
    If you are on the leaked version I would not bother. The leaked version is the same as the OTA. The hash matches.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanm3 View Post
    Anyone else run into issues with agenda widget?
    I had the problem with the leak, submit the crash log. He has an auto responder with a link to the development version. Download it, change .zip to .apk, install.

Worked great for me.

Edited because baby submitted too early, had to get phone out of arm's reach...

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

anyone get signature errors in cwr?
    Nexus S 4G Launch Day Owner
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    Okay got it for ya...

1. Make a Nandroid Backup if your rooted and then pull the ClockWorkMod folder off your sdcard and place it on your computer for later.

2. If your not rooted and simply running the leaked ICS 4.0.4 then use this to backup your data/settings... [BETA] Backup Wonder Machine (no root, ICS only)

3. Use this to return to stock [GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

4. Then update to official ICS 4.0.4 and restore your backup either by rooting and reinstalling CWM/using your old Nandroid Backup (do a data restore only) or using the BWM described above in #2.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Quote Originally Posted by dunivan View Post
    anyone get signature errors in cwr?
    Can't use CWM (ClockWorkMod) to flash.. Need to revert to GB 2.3.7 with stock recovery.
    Paul

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Quote Originally Posted by plee82 View Post
    If you are on the leaked version I would not bother. The leaked version is the same as the OTA. The hash matches.
    Yes, but we still haven't confirmed 100% that the leak will allow future OTA updates.

That still remains a mystery until that day comes...
    Paul

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

All I gotta say is, wow, so far, this new GUI is slick!! Fast transitions, and after the intiial bootup jitters, this thing is running so much smoother than Gingerbread.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Can't use CWM (ClockWorkMod) to flash.. Need to revert to GB 2.3.7 with stock recovery.

Still have an issue, I think it may come from the tether kernel fix I got from rom manager, as I get an "assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so" error

will retry the update download - it's either that or the kernel
    Nexus S 4G Launch Day Owner
    Paul627g likes this.

ROM
    Stock Android 2.3.7

For some reason mine is not installing. I have root and was wondering if that's impeding me from doing it.

Is it just me or my 3g and wifi signals got weakened after the update... Also getting lower download speeds....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by dunivan View Post
    Still have an issue, I think it may come from the tether kernel fix I got from rom manager, as I get an "assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so" error

will retry the update download - it's either that or the kernel
    It will be the kernel in that case...

Once you change the kernel from stock, your no longer "stock"... So that is why its failing..
    Paul

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Am I supposed to force a reboot following this manual install? I followed the instructions. At the bottom of my screen is says: "Install from sdcard complete." At the top I appear to have the option to "reboot system now" but I don't want to hit anything unless I am supposed to. I thought from the instructions that it would automatically reboot into ICS? The screen has been in this state unchanged for approx. 5 minutes.

What is the check in number so I can ping the servers, I can't find it when I search for it?

just downloaded...so far NO DATA WAS WIPED OUT......
    Thanked by:
    Paul627g likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elias0441 View Post
    Is it just me or my 3g and wifi signals got weakened after the update... Also getting lower download speeds....
    Really bad for me as well. To the point that Play Store has a connection time out on wifi.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hjmillre View Post
    Am I supposed to force a reboot following this manual install? I followed the instructions. At the bottom of my screen is says: "Install from sdcard complete." At the top I appear to have the option to "reboot system now" but I don't want to hit anything unless I am supposed to. I thought from the instructions that it would automatically reboot into ICS? The screen has been in this state unchanged for approx. 5 minutes.
    I decided to force the manual reboot, and it appears to be working. Cool new animations are appearing!
    Paul627g likes this.

Finally! The day has come.

Installing after I get home on wifi..

Quote Originally Posted by hjmillre View Post
    Am I supposed to force a reboot following this manual install?
    Yes.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast