[ICS][NS4G]Official Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm now looking at an Android robot next to a triangle around an exclamation point after following the instructions to the letter. Is that bad?
Sorry, I will update OP.

When you see the yellow triangle again press and hold Volume Up+Power and it will enter recovery.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm now looking at an Android robot next to a triangle around an exclamation point after following the instructions to the letter. Is that bad?

I had the same problem. I pressed the Power + Volume Up again and got the menu that allows you to select update from SD. I think they need to clarify the instructions a bit for folks like you and me.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. I pressed the Power + Volume Up again and got the menu that allows you to select update from SD. I think they need to clarify the instructions a bit for folks like you and me.
Done, sorry guys.. I forgot about that step..

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed using fastboot yesterday night with the factory images. So far so good but I have to say that BuglessBeast is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than stock 4.0.4. The first boot was really slow even though it was a fresh install and it's ODEX using the Factory images. Anyways, I will be running stock for a little while and probably go back to Pete's ROM. So far so good though, no issues to report.

bhough7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you get to the screen with the Android and the exclamation point in the triangle...simply hold the volume up plus power for 15 seconds or so. Release and repeat. You should then get the option to use the SD card.

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I get the triangle and the android everytime I hit RECOVERY. I tried pressing Volume Up + Power on that screen and nothing happened. Any ideas?

If i remember correctly, it takes some playing around, try holding the volume up and then hitting power or the other way around.

bowmanm3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess it did. For some reason when I first got the phone I thought I remembered seeing that it only had 512MB. oh well.

Anyone else run into issues with agenda widget?

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So, best way to return to stock 2.3.7? Im on leaked IMM76D and can reroot later if I need to. How to relock? or do I need to relock? And I also need to preserve data in doing so. Thanks

If you are on the leaked version I would not bother. The leaked version is the same as the OTA. The hash matches.

tdcrone

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else run into issues with agenda widget?

I had the problem with the leak, submit the crash log. He has an auto responder with a link to the development version. Download it, change .zip to .apk, install.

Worked great for me.

Edited because baby submitted too early, had to get phone out of arm's reach... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci