Swype not working

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll start out by saying that I'm a Swype addict. This morning I tried sending a message and a note popped up along with my swype keyboard that said there is an update available for Swype and the only way to continue using the keyboard is by downloading the update from beta.swype.com. Seemingly this isn't a problem until you get to the Beta Swype page...all it says is "BE BACK SOON...."

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Today is going to be a loooooong day of waiting to see if the OTA update actually comes down the pipe. It's going to be even longer if I actually have to type out messages instead of swyping! :mad:

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I had this problem and had a heck of a time this morning getting it back. I had to uninstall both Swype AND SwypeInstaller then get back in and download the installer, which in turn downloads the update.

Somehow in all that I lost the 'official' Sprint Swype skin, though.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I had this problem and had a heck of a time this morning getting it back. I had to uninstall both Swype AND SwypeInstaller then get back in and download the installer, which in turn downloads the update.

How did you get back in? The beta site is not working...

Also, I don't want to lose my entire dictionary--re-teaching this thing is gonna be a pain!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
That link doesn't work for me. All it says is that stupid "BE BACK SOON....." If this is not related to ICS update I'm gonna be really pissed. Im struggling to send a simple text w/o swype!

weird. worked for me at 9am. guess i got in just under the wire.

i'd still like to get my cool black & blue Sprint theme back.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After about two hours I was finally able to re-download Swype. Unfortunately my dictionary was deleted but on the plus side they added tons of new languages, and Dragon Dictation. I also lost the Sprint theme, and the keyboard seems a little more cramped now.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
After about two hours I was finally able to re-download Swype. Unfortunately my dictionary was deleted but on the plus side they added tons of new languages, and Dragon Dictation. I also lost the Sprint theme, and the keyboard seems a little more cramped now.

A - pressing the Dragon button does nothing (except flash the blue box around the keyboard)
B - not sure what the advantage in lots of additional languages is to me..
C - my personal dictionary is still there. not sure why yours is gone.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A - pressing the Dragon button does nothing (except flash the blue box around the keyboard)

Dragon button seems to be working for me. My dictionary has words that are found elsewhere in my phone (ie contact names) otherwise i have to re-teach swype other words. No real biggie...

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, this is the only way to get it. Drove me nuts for a bit.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Dragon button works for me but my dictionary is gone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Blackhawk, maybe whenever they decide to finally get this thing out of beta we will get the option to have the Sprint themed Swype back.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
imho, swype will never be out of beta as long as some vendors are paying to install swype as native with their preferences...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Blackhawk, maybe whenever they decide to finally get this thing out of beta we will get the option to have the Sprint themed Swype back.

I would like to see swype in native android keyboard themes. IE: Have the ICS keyboard "swypeable". More or less they should make swype an add on. Figuring it WILL be beta forever they should start messing with that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya... I do miss the look of the old Swype but to be honest as long as its performing as good or better than the previous version then that is more my concern.

For the rooted community, there are "themed" Swype keyboards out there if you search around. I don't know any off the top of my head currently or I would post it but I have seen and read about them while surfing around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke