Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lanny84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default Swype not working

I'll start out by saying that I'm a Swype addict. This morning I tried sending a message and a note popped up along with my swype keyboard that said there is an update available for Swype and the only way to continue using the keyboard is by downloading the update from beta.swype.com. Seemingly this isn't a problem until you get to the Beta Swype page...all it says is "BE BACK SOON...."

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Today is going to be a loooooong day of waiting to see if the OTA update actually comes down the pipe. It's going to be even longer if I actually have to type out messages instead of swyping!
    Sent from my Samaxy S-3PO

Default Re: Swype not working

Yeah...I had this problem and had a heck of a time this morning getting it back. I had to uninstall both Swype AND SwypeInstaller then get back in and download the installer, which in turn downloads the update.

Somehow in all that I lost the 'official' Sprint Swype skin, though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Yeah...I had this problem and had a heck of a time this morning getting it back. I had to uninstall both Swype AND SwypeInstaller then get back in and download the installer, which in turn downloads the update.

How did you get back in? The beta site is not working...

Also, I don't want to lose my entire dictionary--re-teaching this thing is gonna be a pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny84 View Post
    How did you get back in? The beta site is not working...

Also, I don't want to lose my entire dictionary--re-teaching this thing is gonna be a pain!
    I just went back here via my phone:

My personal dictionary is still there...didn't lose any of my custom words.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I wonder if they are updating it due to the impending ICS update because Swype hasn't been working on ICS for others.

They really just need to take it out of beta.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I just went back here via my phone:

My personal dictionary is still there...didn't lose any of my custom words.
    That link doesn't work for me. All it says is that stupid "BE BACK SOON....." If this is not related to ICS update I'm gonna be really pissed. Im struggling to send a simple text w/o swype!
    d14racer24 likes this.

That link doesn't work for me. All it says is that stupid "BE BACK SOON....." If this is not related to ICS update I'm gonna be really pissed. Im struggling to send a simple text w/o swype!
    weird. worked for me at 9am. guess i got in just under the wire.

i'd still like to get my cool black & blue Sprint theme back.

Ditto on the Sprint theme.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

After about two hours I was finally able to re-download Swype. Unfortunately my dictionary was deleted but on the plus side they added tons of new languages, and Dragon Dictation. I also lost the Sprint theme, and the keyboard seems a little more cramped now.

After about two hours I was finally able to re-download Swype. Unfortunately my dictionary was deleted but on the plus side they added tons of new languages, and Dragon Dictation. I also lost the Sprint theme, and the keyboard seems a little more cramped now.
    A - pressing the Dragon button does nothing (except flash the blue box around the keyboard)
    B - not sure what the advantage in lots of additional languages is to me..
    C - my personal dictionary is still there. not sure why yours is gone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

A - pressing the Dragon button does nothing (except flash the blue box around the keyboard)
    Dragon button seems to be working for me. My dictionary has words that are found elsewhere in my phone (ie contact names) otherwise i have to re-teach swype other words. No real biggie...

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Lost the Sprint skin...dictionary still there though.

Yeah, this is the only way to get it. Drove me nuts for a bit.

Dragon button works for me but my dictionary is gone.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Can someone tell me what happened to the cool Sprint only theme? This new one is hideous.

Blackhawk, maybe whenever they decide to finally get this thing out of beta we will get the option to have the Sprint themed Swype back.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

imho, swype will never be out of beta as long as some vendors are paying to install swype as native with their preferences...
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Blackhawk, maybe whenever they decide to finally get this thing out of beta we will get the option to have the Sprint themed Swype back.
    I would like to see swype in native android keyboard themes. IE: Have the ICS keyboard "swypeable". More or less they should make swype an add on. Figuring it WILL be beta forever they should start messing with that.

I hear ya... I do miss the look of the old Swype but to be honest as long as its performing as good or better than the previous version then that is more my concern.

For the rooted community, there are "themed" Swype keyboards out there if you search around. I don't know any off the top of my head currently or I would post it but I have seen and read about them while surfing around.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I hear ya... I do miss the look of the old Swype but to be honest as long as its performing as good or better than the previous version then that is more my concern.

For the rooted community, there are "themed" Swype keyboards out there if you search around. I don't know any off the top of my head currently or I would post it but I have seen and read about them while surfing around.
    Hmm. Will have to look. I just tried swype again after the alleged ics build where it worked before and thought it would work with the new voice. Doesn't. Book

Post Re: Swype not working

I just uninstalled the system Keyboard application ( Android Keyboard). I just only disabled the voice command. Now the swype started to work. I enabled the voice command again. ( enable / disable of voice can be done from application--> input method)