Two new owner questions - calendar and slide-to-unlock

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Nexus S 4g for about 24 hours now, and have scrolled through all 44 pages of threads here in this forum. Most of my questions have been answered, but there are two very minor issues I still have a question about:

1) Both the month and week view in Calendar start with Monday instead of Sunday. Any way to change that? I can't see anywhere in the settings to change this. If it matters, in a web browser I have my personal google calendar set to show all 7 days and my work google calendar set to only show Mon-Fri. But even if I hide my work calendar, on my phone my personal calendar starts on Mondays, with Saturdays and Sundays shown at the end of the week.

2) I have a PIN set to unlock my phone for security purposes. On my Optimus S, this was all that it took to unlock my phone. However, on this phone I first have to slide-to-unlock which brings me to the PIN entry screen. Is this how stock Android (2.3.7) always behaves and I just didn't know it because I always used a custom ROM on my Optimus which may have removed this? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
-Matt

superblast

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The calendar in ICS starts with Sunday in month and week views so that should be fixed when the update comes down. Don't have the answer to the second question though...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995