Check out how Sprint like to treat their customers.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You can always root. But if use the nexus for work as I do I rather wait for a stable version from sprint and at that I will still wait a couple of weeks till all issues have been ironed out.

Just don't see it. Also there is enough complaining already we all know sprint is dragging a$$

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
One of my post from last week already got dropped and some CSR guy sent me a private message telling me not to root my phone. They are pissed over in the forum area.

E

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
One of my post from last week already got dropped and some CSR guy sent me a private message telling me not to root my phone. They are pissed over in the forum area.

E

What's that supposed to mean? Is it some sort of indirect way of saying the OTA is imminent?

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

E

They have been deleting posts right and left over there. I just don't understand why hiding facts on their forum and deleting everyone's posts seems like a good business strategy to them.

What's that supposed to mean? Is it some sort of indirect way of saying the OTA is imminent?

No, they delete any post over there that has any kind of instructions on how to root or where to find those instructions. Remember rooting your phone breaks it's warranty, Sprint will in no way support you breaking your warranty, hence the PM telling him to not root.

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
j_grouchy,,

THE CSR guy didn't give any indication it was coming soon. He basically went into the whole bricking your phone and that the delay was to help fix issues to make sure everything was working he correctly and he was real cool about but let me say again he didn't say anything as to a timeline of when it would be coming.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
No, they delete any post over there that has any kind of instructions on how to root or where to find those instructions. Remember rooting your phone breaks it's warranty, Sprint will in no way support you breaking your warranty, hence the PM telling him to not root.

It's not so much an issue of the warranty as it is a violation of their EULA. They could care less if your phone's warranty is valid, as that's a manufacturer issue (that they often handle on your behalf).

However, rooting a phone does enable you do to things that Sprint would otherwise restrict, such as wireless tethering or other network-related things that aren't so benign.

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Cry babies. Obviously it's not ready, my guess is they could give you a non-stable version and you would still . So what do you want? A stable version or a non-stable? Your posts are getting deleted because your stirring up trouble and trying to make Sprint look bad on their website, do you expect anything less?

When it is ready you will get it. Or just root like everyone else.

ICS isn't even that much different from GB, you really must have nothing better to do than to troll the Sprint boards and the Android Forums looking for any mistake Sprint has made about ICS. It's not that big of a deal what so ever. Take a chill pill and be patient.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Just...wow. XD

Sprint's handling this badly by deleting posts and calling users trolls for asking questions, the customers are being whiny and making outlandish assumptions such as claiming the NS4G isn't compatible with ICS and will never receive an upate, and Google's just not saying a word because they rarely do in these cases.

Better than any movie I've seen recently.

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
You can create folders and apps and widgets are mixed together... YAY!

Probably stuff on the market that could make GB better than stock ICS.

ogdlow

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
... Sprints coverage is getting bad.. REAL BAD.... Sounds like they have to shut down towers in order to open up the LTE towers... Sooo if you want to wait until sometime in 2015 to get half the LTE that Verizon has now stay with sprint... I have had Sprint for over 12yrs and I am at a point of complete rage with their service and coverage.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
... Sprints coverage is getting bad.. REAL BAD.... Sounds like they have to shut down towers in order to open up the LTE towers... Sooo if you want to wait until sometime in 2015 to get half the LTE that Verizon has now stay with sprint... I have had Sprint for over 12yrs and I am at a point of complete rage with their service and coverage.

Source on this?

ogdlow

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry ..but it your have not kept up with Sprints network..then you must be lost.. In Ok, Tx and Kansan alone they are getting ready for the the LTE swith.. Yeah.. However IF you are on 3g that means that your are only going to get coverage on the major Highways at best... .. By the way.. All Sprint 4g customer were sent a official Spring Txt Coverage email informing them of this tragedy.....

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My service had taken a noticeable hit the last 2 months. I didn't think it was this but you might be right. I'm in chicagoland area

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry ..but it your have not kept up with Sprints network..then you must be lost.. In Ok, Tx and Kansan alone they are getting ready for the the LTE swith.. Yeah.. However IF you are on 3g that means that your are only going to get coverage on the major Highways at best... .. By the way.. All Sprint 4g customer were sent a official Spring Txt Coverage email informing them of this tragedy.....

Just because someone asks you for source on something doesn't mean they're "lost". It means that you've said something that's pretty outlandish and needs some actual proof. This is how posting the internet works, pretty much.

With that being said, I think you're blowing things out of proportion. Just by going over the Sprint.com forums thread that you posted, it seems that Sprint lost the rights to a few things and the places losing on-network coverage don't even have Sprint towers anyway.

Also, the Sprint.com page doesn't mention a thing about 4G LTE or anything like it, that's just speculation that it's because of the LTE towers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance