Anything that can fix GPS issue besides reatrting phone?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Usually, the GPS on my phone works, but every now and then (maybe 1/8 times) the GPS just cannot get a fix on my location and the only thing that fixes it is restarting the phone (restarting the app/airplane mode, etc don't fix it). Any idea what causes this and if there's another fix for it?

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem :(

It has a hard time finding my location (even on 4G) and when it does the damn GPS is sooo delayed.
I will pass under a freeway overpass or something and it will think I am on it as opposed to below.

The GPS is just all over the place and it is really frustrating. It will say re routing, re routing, re routing.. :(

but yeah my main problem is like you...it just says "finding GPS signal" or whatever and it takes a while to find a set location (even with full bars) and yeah...this is frustrating cause I use my GPS alot.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what causes it, but through these forums I have found a solution. There's an app called GPS Status which -- among other things -- will allow you to reset your GPS's cache and data. When I have this problem (often), I do this:

1. Start the app
  2. Tap Menu, then Tools
  3. Tap "Manage A=GPS State"
  4. Tap Reset
  5. Toggle back to your app and go

It usually take a few seconds for the GPS to relocate the satellite, but I've never had this fail, and I have terrible luck with finding signals.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what causes it, but through these forums I have found a solution. There's an app called GPS Status which -- among other things -- will allow you to reset your GPS's cache and data. When I have this problem (often), I do this:

1. Start the app
  2. Tap Menu, then Tools
  3. Tap "Manage A=GPS State"
  4. Tap Reset
  5. Toggle back to your app and go

It usually take a few seconds for the GPS to relocate the satellite, but I've never had this fail, and I have terrible luck with finding signals.

Thanks! I'm going to try that out. :)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem :(

It has a hard time finding my location (even on 4G) and when it does the damn GPS is sooo delayed.
I will pass under a freeway overpass or something and it will think I am on it as opposed to below.

The GPS is just all over the place and it is really frustrating. It will say re routing, re routing, re routing.. :(

but yeah my main problem is like you...it just says "finding GPS signal" or whatever and it takes a while to find a set location (even with full bars) and yeah...this is frustrating cause I use my GPS alot.

Looking at the app "GPS Status and Tools" that mkhall suggested, there's an option to download the GPS sattelitel data (which stays valid for about 24-48 hours) to speed up GPS lookups. Maybe try that?

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the app "GPS Status and Tools" that mkhall suggested, there's an option to download the GPS sattelitel data (which stays valid for about 24-48 hours) to speed up GPS lookups. Maybe try that?

I am going to download it and give what you said a shot.

:cool:

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I will be trying this fix, also! I just had to restart my phone last night to get my GPS to work. Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time mine worked without me having to restart my phone. Very frustrating when you just need to use it for something quick. I usually just give up and turn it back off.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Could be worse. You could try to check into an Arby's via Foursquare and have your phone tell you you're in Germany.

Really? Germany? I must've missed the takeover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37