Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Strange battery issue

So I unplug my phone around 6:15am every day, and with light use, I typically can go til around 5pm, and by then the battery is around 35-45%.

Today, I had typical light use, except for sending an attachment via an Outlook e-mail.

By around 3pm, I looked at my phone and it was 7%. I got in my car and drove, and after about 5 minutes on the charger and very little use, it actually DROPPED to 6%! I checked the battery usage, and there was some service or application that was literally nameless, that was taking up around 15% of my battery. I force stopped it, and after that I rebooted the phone. RIGHT after the reboot, the phone showed I had 19% battery left!

How can a phone show 6% battery left, and then after a reboot (which consumes quite a bit of battery itself) show 19%? This isn't the first time this has happened.

Could it be a fault battery, and the phone can't get a true battery life reading from the battery?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Strange battery issue

Wow, 229 views and no one has a word to say about it? Someone has to have had something similar happen, and wondered the same thing.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Strange battery issue

Do you have any task killers or anything like that running (Juice Defender does count)?

I know if I use the micro charger from my rumor touch it charges it up 91-93 percent and says fully charged and one time it only went to 85

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk