Google Wallet Lives!!

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
What roms are you running? My rom just went from working to not supported. Does anyone know what exactly are they excluding, is it aosp ICS builds? Is it rooted devices is it just ICS roms since they are not official builds? I can't seem to find any information on why my rom isn't supported. I am rooted running Dooderbutt-aosp- V7

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
What roms are you running? My rom just went from working to not supported. Does anyone know what exactly are they excluding, is it aosp ICS builds? Is it rooted devices is it just ICS roms since they are not official builds? I can't seem to find any information on why my rom isn't supported. I am rooted running Dooderbutt-aosp- V7

I'm running the stock ROM.

Reactions: stoneworrior

srkDesign

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You can use wallet while rooted, I am right now. As per the goog, the unsupported device warning is just letting you know that the if you run into problems they won't help you while you're rooted because its less secure. They have no issues letting you use wallet while rooted.

Also, until today I was locked out of adding a card because I had one and did a factory reset after the provisioning lock out.

8penned from my Galaxy Nexus running GummyNex

Last edited:
Reactions: stoneworrior

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
You can use wallet while rooted, I am right now. As per the goog, the unsupported device warning is just letting you know that the if you run into problems they won't help you while you're rooted because its less secure. They have no issues letting you use wallet while rooted.

Also, until today I was locked out of adding a card because I had one and did a factory reset after the provisioning lock out.

Thanks for the info, I just charged my card and everything seems to be working as it should. That unsupported device message was new and threw me. Doesn't take much :p

srkDesign

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I just charged my card and everything seems to be working as it should. That unsupported device message was new and threw me. Doesn't take much :p

No problem. There was a big debate over this over on rootzwiki, but a few people had called and Google confirmed that its just a security warning.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about Visa coming to Google Wallet? I mean they said they would but nothing happened. I'm not sure if I missed news or not.

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about Visa coming to Google Wallet? I mean they said they would but nothing happened. I'm not sure if I missed news or not.

Yeah, that or AMEX would be great . . . Google needs to see if they can get some of these deals done. I hear a lot of talk about people making competitors to GW, but Google has a huge head start. I'm also hoping that Google can some how get GW on the iPhone before they create iWallet. It seems to me that once a payment system is on the iPhone the masses will take notice (heck, most people will think Apple invented it). Then we can use phone payment everywhere!!!

streetpanda13

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
not that it is the end of the world or anything but is anyone else having problem with the image for the google prepaid card, mine is just a gray rectangle. Just curiosity at least i got my card back haha.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I activated my free google prepaid card today .So I got 10 dollars on it by default
My card is showing in color btw

sent from my Galaxy Nexus

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
not that it is the end of the world or anything but is anyone else having problem with the image for the google prepaid card, mine is just a gray rectangle. Just curiosity at least i got my card back haha.

Nope mine is in full color.

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. You also can't use "play movies" if you are rooted.

Yes u can not only I'm I rooted I'm running vghomez ics rom 4.04 and I'm still watching my movies from Google play and the sprint store I got tower heist from the ss and hangover 2 from Google play

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes u can not only I'm I rooted I'm running vghomez ics rom 4.04 and I'm still watching my movies from Google play and the sprint store I got tower heist from the ss and hangover 2 from Google play

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Yep I've been using mine for my morning coffee and afternoon RedBull and I'm rooted running aosp build Dooderbutt V7.

4257411a-611d-084d.jpg

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just used mine for the first time the other day (I always forget about it). The transaction shows up under "Transactions," but the prepaid card still shows the full free $10. Does it take a few days before it deducts it from the card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37