Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 124
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Not going to make any final judgements until I've lived with it for a while.
    But I did notice the screen brightness is much dimmer as many here have stated.

    I've also noticed that it seems be using quite a bit more ram doing normal operation? (Manage Apps - Running).
    But it appears to be working fine.

    It took me a while to figure out how to turn off the haptic feedback too.

    Overall, I like it.
  2. #52  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    How do I change the volume of the notifications? As far as I can see it is linked to the phone volume which I don't want to change, but the email/text sounds are too loud sometimes. Anyone know?

    Thanks
  3. #53  
    Jessicalt1's Avatar
    Lover of all things Andi

    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MikRunny v1.01

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Has anyone had any problems with the screen going randomly blue, weird typing, apps acting up, and the phone not going to silent? Could be user error (I'm asking for a friend) but she did the update 20 mins prior to that all happening.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    battery usage seems to have gone way up. still researching this, but I normally get to the office around 8:30 with around 90%, but today it was at 71%. Screen usage was draining the most battery, but I really haven't used it? Looking into No LED to see if that's causing any issues.

    also it has re-booted on its own around 4-5 times since last night's update. wondering if some of my apps aren't ics ready and causing a crash?

    it's only day 1, but i'm a little perturbed...
  5. #55  

    Default

    I have had no issues so far. Its like a new phone! My phone is actually much faster now than it was before. I'm elated!

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  6. #56  
    kuoirad's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabrone View Post
    One issue I have noticed is during a call it looks like they decided to focus on making it look cool, not function well. Rather than the contact picture in the middle it is oddly placed on the top of the screen in a far too landscape mode. The rest is black. Dumb
    Yeah, I agree - the new "in call" screen is awful, IMO.
    cabrone likes this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieGetYurGun View Post
    How do I change the volume of the notifications? As far as I can see it is linked to the phone volume which I don't want to change, but the email/text sounds are too loud sometimes. Anyone know?

    Thanks
    Unfortunately, they made the change that ringtone and notification volume is always tied together now. Don't know why they removed the option to separate them.

    Not sure if there is a third-party app to address this.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Unfortunately, they made the change that ringtone and notification volume is always tied together now. Don't know why they removed the option to separate them.

    Not sure if there is a third-party app to address this.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2lkZ2V0cHJvIl0.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Cannot get rid of the "sync" icon at the top. Tried turning off backup/restore and turning off account sync and it still won't go away.
  10. #60  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Cannot get rid of the "sync" icon at the top. Tried turning off backup/restore and turning off account sync and it still won't go away.
    I'm assuming you've already rebooted...

    I had one notification that wouldn't clear out or swipe away, so I rebooted and it was gone.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    which parameter would change notification volume? Alerts Volume? My option to increase volume is grayed out. It only moves when increasing Ringer volume below it. I have the free version, can you confirm this is the same or different on the paid version before I go buying it?

    NVM: Under setting there is an option to unlink them (paid version only)
  12. #62  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I'm assuming you've already rebooted...

    I had one notification that wouldn't clear out or swipe away, so I rebooted and it was gone.
    Rebooted about 5 times since I installed ICS, still there.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabrone View Post
    which parameter would change notification volume? Alerts Volume? My option to increase volume is grayed out. It only moves when increasing Ringer volume below it. I have the free version, can you confirm this is the same or different on the paid version before I go buying it?

    NVM: Under setting there is an option to unlink them (paid version only)
    Here are all the options that I have on the paid version, and yes, Alerts would be your notifications. I'd definitely take advantage of the refund policy if it doesn't work for you. You'll know as soon as you open the app.

    EDIT I didnt see your edit.

    cabrone likes this.
  14. #64  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Happened once to me, I was on Yahoo weather and it rebooted
  15. #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Yeah, I agree - the new "in call" screen is awful, IMO.
    There is also a ton of wasted real estate when looking at a contact in landscape mode. I copy & paste alot of stuff from excel into the note field of a contact & use it as a price list when I'm at a customers home.

    Notice that the contact image wastes about a 25% of the screen. It forces the note field to "wrap" and be a bit more difficult to read.

    Not a big deal, but contact images have been a step in the wrong direction IMHO with ICS.



    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  16. #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cabrone View Post
    One issue I have noticed is during a call it looks like they decided to focus on making it look cool, not function well. Rather than the contact picture in the middle it is oddly placed on the top of the screen in a far too landscape mode. The rest is black. Dumb

    Tapatalked
    Found a solution for those who are using Sync My Pix. Under settings uncheck the 96 pixel centering option. Problem solved. Still doesn't look awesome. But better

    Tapatalked
  17. #67  

    Default

    I have 2 problems, no matter what I try I can't seem to clear my cache. I've uninstalled, rebooted, battery pulled nothing works. I also went into apps and tried to clear individual cache (nothing).
    Problem 2 is the play store, I can only do 1 update or install at a time. If I try just get blue line process never completes, I have to reboot .
  18. #68  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    My battery life has gone way down
    when I delete a conversation w/in MMS..it flashes and loses info then flashes and gets it back.
    The speech to text is worse
    little jittery most of the time
    bookmark icons are gone
  19. #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonykilo943 View Post
    My battery life has gone way down..
    I've also seen a decrease in my bat tree life.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  20. #70  
    jimijames's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Another vote for way too dim with autodim indoors. It seems like mine has 2 settings: 1) phone thinks it's inside = dim to less than min and 2) phone thinks it's outdoors = max brightness. No in-between. I would love to see google give us the option to set a baseline brightness... tell the phone this is how bright I want it all the time and it adjusts based on lighting conditions.
    cabrone likes this.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    I just got this phone, has the battery life always been this bad?? This is going to make me go back to the iPhone.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonoverparma00 View Post
    I just got this phone, has the battery life always been this bad?? This is going to make me go back to the iPhone.
    What battery life are you getting? Need a bit more info to answer that question.

    For me, I get about 14 hours with moderate usage (keeping data, gps, and wifi always on in a building with bad reception).
  23. #73  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    unplugged with full charge at 6:15. very little usage since, it's 9:30 now and i'm at 67% battery power.

    Android OS is at 53%, much higher than my screen at 29%. Seems odd, usually the screen was the one consuming the most out of my battery?
  24. #74  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonoverparma00 View Post
    I just got this phone, has the battery life always been this bad?? This is going to make me go back to the iPhone.
    The normal should be easily 8-10 hrs.. There are some key tips to good battery management.

    Social media/email try and limit the amount or how frequently it polls for updates

    Display, turn off auto brightness. This is a big killer because its constantly adjusting your screen brightness.. Most run at around 25% indoors and a little higher in bright light like outside.

    4g... Don't turn it on from Settings unless you really need it.. Again.. Radio cycling on and off from 3g/4g is a big killer.... Plus 4g if you do get the signal is a huge battery killer..

    Custom Widgets on your home screen.. Yes they are nice but again, they normally are hitting the net to update the content on them so its hitting the battery hard.

    Those are some of the most common areas to look at for improving battery.

    Also like anything new, your update to ICS will take a few hours maybe a day to settle in. A few shut down's and reboots usually help.. Worst case situation some end up doing a factory reset but I wouldn't go that far just yet.



    Quote Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
    unplugged with full charge at 6:15. very little usage since, it's 9:30 now and i'm at 67% battery power.

    Android OS is at 53%, much higher than my screen at 29%. Seems odd, usually the screen was the one consuming the most out of my battery?
    Check to see what you have running possibly in the background.. Some apps or something that might be munching battery.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

    Battery life is definitely worse than with GB (which wasn't so great to begin with).
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions