ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

I do love the fact that the app screens are on pages to be scrolled sideways rather than one long icy scroll, that's very reminiscent of my palm pre, which I loved.

I don't like the google search screen being forced on me but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Sounds like you don't like the built-in Launcher.. Just download Go Launcher EX and be happy. I tried the new ICS launcher and ended up going back to Go. So much better.

rob25

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My ics work like a pro no problem with the update no bugs everything work even the text YouTube Google and Google wallet 4g wifi and all the stuff

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com
anyone noticing that that battery calibration is way off? mine seems to go from empty to 9% when charging, and I had it decharge from 62% to empty in 3.5 hours when presumably it was idle.

Think it may be due to chrome sync, but I'll keep monitoring

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
anyone noticing that that battery calibration is way off? mine seems to go from empty to 9% when charging, and I had it decharge from 62% to empty in 3.5 hours when presumably it was idle.

Think it may be due to chrome sync, but I'll keep monitoring
Did you check your battery stats to see what was the highest battery user?

ltorres8890

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My sister is having a weird but after the OTA, it seems like the fonts just dont load when the phone in unlocked...

iaVpM.jpg

usually the black font does not appear and the only thing around are the white square thingies

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
One issue I have noticed is during a call it looks like they decided to focus on making it look cool, not function well. Rather than the contact picture in the middle it is oddly placed on the top of the screen in a far too landscape mode. The rest is black. Dumb

Tapatalked

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not going to make any final judgements until I've lived with it for a while.
But I did notice the screen brightness is much dimmer as many here have stated.

I've also noticed that it seems be using quite a bit more ram doing normal operation? (Manage Apps - Running).
But it appears to be working fine.

It took me a while to figure out how to turn off the haptic feedback too.

Overall, I like it.

AnnieGetYurGun

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
How do I change the volume of the notifications? As far as I can see it is linked to the phone volume which I don't want to change, but the email/text sounds are too loud sometimes. Anyone know?

Thanks

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the screen going randomly blue, weird typing, apps acting up, and the phone not going to silent? Could be user error (I'm asking for a friend) but she did the update 20 mins prior to that all happening.

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
battery usage seems to have gone way up. still researching this, but I normally get to the office around 8:30 with around 90%, but today it was at 71%. Screen usage was draining the most battery, but I really haven't used it? Looking into No LED to see if that's causing any issues.

also it has re-booted on its own around 4-5 times since last night's update. wondering if some of my apps aren't ics ready and causing a crash?

it's only day 1, but i'm a little perturbed...

SummerCat

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues so far. Its like a new phone! My phone is actually much faster now than it was before. I'm elated!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
One issue I have noticed is during a call it looks like they decided to focus on making it look cool, not function well. Rather than the contact picture in the middle it is oddly placed on the top of the screen in a far too landscape mode. The rest is black. Dumb

Yeah, I agree - the new "in call" screen is awful, IMO.

Reactions: cabrone

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How do I change the volume of the notifications? As far as I can see it is linked to the phone volume which I don't want to change, but the email/text sounds are too loud sometimes. Anyone know?

Thanks

Unfortunately, they made the change that ringtone and notification volume is always tied together now. Don't know why they removed the option to separate them.

Not sure if there is a third-party app to address this.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Cannot get rid of the "sync" icon at the top. Tried turning off backup/restore and turning off account sync and it still won't go away.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Cannot get rid of the "sync" icon at the top. Tried turning off backup/restore and turning off account sync and it still won't go away.

I'm assuming you've already rebooted...

I had one notification that wouldn't clear out or swipe away, so I rebooted and it was gone.