ICS Tethering

anon(721880)

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So I just got the OTA update and I'm seeing Tethering & hotspot options in the settings. I thought sprint dropped this stuff from gingerbread, or am I thinking of something else?

JoeyNJ

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing... it looks like we should be able to set it up, but I was afraid to go through the process thinking that Sprint might automatically tack on the wi-fi hotspot fee. I would think they would need to notify you (and perhaps they do before you go through the whole set up). It'd be a pretty big blunder on their part to let something like this slide. But, carriers can't screw around with integrated ICS features, but I guess they could have something in place to make it just not work if you try it.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
They dropped the free tethering and hotspot features, but you can pay Sprint's exorbitant extra fees and use them. That's why I use EasyTether. Free and reliable.

Reactions: Technosticrati

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Easy tether is free, but try going through vpn or https you will need to pay.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I cant FoxFi to work. It shows the connection on my Acer Iconia A100, but apps wont work, websites wont load, etc. etc.

Any ideas?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I cant FoxFi to work. It shows the connection on my Acer Iconia A100, but apps wont work, websites wont load, etc. etc.

Any ideas?

I tried PDANet Tablet on my Tab 10.1 and FoxFi on my phone and while it connects the two, I cannot view any websites. It doesn't work.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney