Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS Tethering

So I just got the OTA update and I'm seeing Tethering & hotspot options in the settings. I thought sprint dropped this stuff from gingerbread, or am I thinking of something else?

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS Tethering

Did you try it?

I was thinking the same thing... it looks like we should be able to set it up, but I was afraid to go through the process thinking that Sprint might automatically tack on the wi-fi hotspot fee. I would think they would need to notify you (and perhaps they do before you go through the whole set up). It'd be a pretty big blunder on their part to let something like this slide. But, carriers can't screw around with integrated ICS features, but I guess they could have something in place to make it just not work if you try it.

They dropped the free tethering and hotspot features, but you can pay Sprint's exorbitant extra fees and use them. That's why I use EasyTether. Free and reliable.
    Thanked by:

Easy tether is free, but try going through vpn or https you will need to pay.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

FoxFi is free and you can view https websites

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I cant FoxFi to work. It shows the connection on my Acer Iconia A100, but apps wont work, websites wont load, etc. etc.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    I cant FoxFi to work. It shows the connection on my Acer Iconia A100, but apps wont work, websites wont load, etc. etc.

Any ideas?
    I tried PDANet Tablet on my Tab 10.1 and FoxFi on my phone and while it connects the two, I cannot view any websites. It doesn't work.
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 04-12-2012 at 11:54 AM.

FoxFi does not work on the NS4G with stock ICS 4.0.4.

j-

Just to ask: if I root my NS4G ICS, is there a way to tether after that?

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Just to ask: if I root my NS4G ICS, is there a way to tether after that?

Getting Tether / Hotspot working ICS 4.0.4 with root

j

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    Thanks. One quick question: will rooting delete my info/settings on the phone?