using launchers after ics update?

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
just curious, anyone still using launchers from the market after the ics update?
i use go launcher, but if you use a launcher you're really not getting the full usage of ics.

i'm so used to my phone with the launcher that i'm not sure if I want to go back to a stock OS and having a learning curve. think it's worth it to drop the launcher?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Nova. It really just enhances the existing ICS launcher and brings back the long-press functionality for home-screen options.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I took that homescreen for about 30 minutes, then I had to go back to my go launcher, too. I just missed it! I know it's always there if I need it! :D

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
haven't tried Nova. any thoughts on it being better than Go Launcher?
pros/cons?

just went back to stock ics, and I think I still need a launcher. wasn't largely impressed by stock ics.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know about Nova launcher. I used to use Launcher Pro on Gingerbread and I loved it but it hasn't been updated in a year. I never liked ADW because it was never smooth enough for me even on ICS. Nova is smooth with good amount of customization.

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I started using Nova after my upgrade a couple days ago. I think I went to try it for the ability to change the number of items in the "dock".

Anyway, it's very slick. Faster even than the stock launcher, I think. Feels faster, at least.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I started using Nova after my upgrade a couple days ago. I think I went to try it for the ability to change the number of items in the "dock".

Anyway, it's very slick. Faster even than the stock launcher, I think. Feels faster, at least.

Nova is pretty good on ICS. Launcher of choice for Slim ROM.

For those of you on ICS who like the gingerbread feel, it is a bit like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome